Denon PMA 710-AE with Q Acoustics 2050i ?

jessdebr

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm just getting started building my stereo-system.

I purchased a second-hand Denon PMA 710-EA.

Now I'm looking for some solid floorstanders to go with it.

My eye fell on the Q Acoustics 2050i pair and I wondered if the Denon could supply them with enough power and refined sound.

Grtz Jesse

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Whilst I've not heard that particular combination, I'd imagine it would be perfectly fine. Those speakers are easy to drive. If some reason you find yourself wanting more, you can always add a power amp to the equation. You should get some powerful bass from that setup, however.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
KidKomet said:
Whilst I've not heard that particular combination, I'd imagine it would be perfectly fine. Those speakers are easy to drive. If some reason you find yourself wanting more, you can always add a power amp to the equation. You should get some powerful bass from that setup, however.

That is the issue Kid.

Never tried the pairing but I am pretty sure that the Denon will drive them to pretty hefty levels, the 2050i are very sensitive.

The question is whether the Denon will be able to control the speakers, at the bass end particularly. No problem getting them going, the problem might be getting them to stop.

jasabel

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget to set the amp to 6 Ohm, in my case I had not done it and the sound was very bad, when I set the Receiver to 6 Ohm it change a whole world.

TRENDING THREADS