Denon PMA-520AE or Pioneer A-20 for Q Acoustics 2010i

pcuk

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I have a pair of Q Acoustics 2010i that I would like to use in a secondary stereo setup and I was wondering which one of those two integrated amplifiers, the Denon or the Pioneer, would be the best match for these nice little speakers.

Does anybody have any personal experience with one combination or the other?

Thank you all in advance for your valuable input.

slice

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
pcuk said:
Hello,

I have a pair of Q Acoustics 2010i that I would like to use in a secondary stereo setup and I was wondering which one of those two integrated amplifiers, the Denon or the Pioneer, would be the best match for these nice little speakers.

Does anybody have any personal experience with one combination or the other?

Thank you all in advance for your valuable input.

I haven't heard your choices, but, based soley on reviews, if you could afford a little more the denon 720 or onkyo 9010 might be better value.

Also at a few richer sounds stores the cambridge 351a is £100 down ar £149

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I think both are good basic budget amps, but a second hand Arcam Alpha 7 / 8, or Arcam Diva 65 or 75 plus, or Nad 315 BEE, 320/326 BEE would be far superior.

[/quote]

unhalfbricking

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Tibor said:
I think both are good basic budget amps, but a second hand Arcam Alpha 7 / 8, or Arcam Diva 65 or 75 plus, or Nad 315 BEE, 320/326 BEE would be far superior.

Just seen a really clean-looking Arcam A-75 go begging for £95.00 on Ebay this evening with original instruction manual and remote. Remember thinking it would be perfect for someone starting up their own budget system. It may be worth contacting the guy to see if he would take an offer.

pcuk

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
The options that you suggested are all excellent. The main reason why I picked those two amplifiers, apart from the fact that according to the reviews and the positive comments from several users they both seem to be good buget amps, is that I can get them at a very good price.

I already have three hi-fi systems, this is one is just for my daughter's bedroom. I have this spare pair of Q Acoustics 2010i plus a CD player that I barely use and she already has a nice LCD TV with a Blu-ray player in her bedroom, so all is really needed is just a decent amplifier.

I was simply wondering which one would match the 2010i better, based on someone's personal experience.

pcuk

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
That sounded very interesting (even if I would prefer to buy new, as I already said in my reply to Tibor) so I checked on ebay as soon as I read your reply but I couldn't find that Arcam. I think it is already gone. It seemed a very good deal so I am not surprised.

pcuk

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I totally agree with you but not only I don't need that level of quality, I would also prefer to buy new. Second hand is good but it is also a bit of a lottery sometimes.

pcuk

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
....who has any experience with these pieces of equipment combined together? (2010i + PMA-520AE or 2010i + A-20, or both?)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts