Denon AVR2809, Onkyo 876, or Yamaha 863?

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Good evening everyone. I have seen the Denon and Onkyo at £700 and £800 respectively. The Yamaha is £600 and a recent award winner. Given the price reduction in the Denon and Onkyo, would people (including WHF people!) be tempted by say the Onkyo now rather than the Yamaha? Upscaling is pretty important. Will be feeding it on a diet of Quad L-ite speakers. Thanks for any input.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

i would also like to know what is beter the onkyo or the denon ? im replacing my pioneer d2011 , is either of these two a big step up from that. thanks

A

Anonymous

Another suggestion is to buy one of the last Onyko 875's for around £600, along with a Tacima block or (even better) if you can find one off Ebay a BT mains conditioner.

This improves the musicality no end and I doubt the latest models will be an improvement on it.

A

Anonymous

fowler:i would also like to know what is beter the onkyo or the denon ? im replacing my pioneer d2011 , is either of these two a big step up from that. thanks
No their not imo i replaced a 2011 with an 875 and the improvment in terms of sound quality alone was non existant...The onkyo was slighty more transparant than the pioneer but the bass is tighter and more controlled on the pioneer, although of course the onkyo offers more features and i cant speak for the denon as ive not heard one

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i had an 875 that went bang after 2 months - my dealer very kindly swapped it for an 876 and it is an improvement over the 875 but nothing massive - i think its more of an input/feature list and whether you need them - the yamaha is limited in this respect - the denon better and the 876 the best - according to the reviews they seem to say the yam sounds the sweetest.

i never considered the yam as didn't have enough hdmi inputs for me i also wanted the video upscaling in the 876 - i tend to output my games at 720p and let the amp upscale to 1080p to allow the machines to run the games without wasting processor power upscaling. i also have a projector so use the 876 to make slight colour alterations ect across my sources so don't have to always adjust the projector thats just setup now

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts