Denon AVR 3808 or Onkyo NR 807 or 905

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Puzzling over which swiss army knife AV amp to go for! I love the features and VFM of the Onkyo's and the few 905's hanging around for the £700 mark seem a bargain, even if they are refurbed. Similary there are a few Denon 3808's for the £900ish.

I must say I'm attracted to the build quality of the Denon and a bit concerned about the lack of it in the Onkyo's.

Also the NR 807 seems like terrific value as it appears to have most of the features of the NR 905 but for £700 .

Finally will any of these improve the quality of my SD output from my Sky + box???

Sliced Bread

I can't comment on the 807, but I certainly chose the 905 over the 3808. Although the 3808 is nicer to look at on the rack IMO
emotion-1.gif

EDIT:

With regard to improvements from your sky + box, what amp are you using now?

A

Anonymous

I'm not using one at all presently for video, only sound

Sliced Bread

In terms of picture quality, you will be able to use the up scaling abilities of the amp for non-HD channels. I don't know how the 905 would compare against the other amps in this regard. I only compared the sound of the Onkyo and Denon and not the picture
emotion-6.gif

If you have a medium to largish screen you should see benefits similar to that of a good quality up scaled DVD player.

TRENDING THREADS