Onkyo TX NR515 or Denon 1713?

amilapradeep

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Although i am new to the forum, i was going through the forum last couple of months.

Currently i am not having any receiver or speakers. 2 months back i thought to go for a home theater, i started researching. after lot of reading (mostly on this forum) finnally i decided to go for Denon 1713 and wharfedale dx -1. So last night i went to few shops for demo.

There was only one shop, which having wharfedale dx-1. but they dont have denon. they have only onkyo. There is promotion going on with onkyo tx nr 515. Here i need help from you guys. I will add prices with AED.

Option 1 : To buy denon 1713 seperatly - 1700AED

To buy wharfedale dx-1 seperatly - 1500AED

Option 2 : Buy onkyo tx nr 515 - 800AED (this is the promotion, normal price of this is 1700AED)

To buy wharfedale dx-1 seperatly - 1500AED

Option 3 : In another shop there is a package as this

Yamaha RXV 475 + Polk Audio TL 1600 - 2500AED

While i was reading on the forums, i started to love denon. but if tx nr 515 is good receiver, i will go for it since it save much money.

i want to get better sound qulity Home theater for 70% of movies and 30% of music. not interested on so many HDMI, network ing , Zone options.

Appriciate your help since i am new to field.

Thanks!

Mtenga

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
If the price is a consideration then the onkyo is a no brainer. It's the same level of amp and onkyo are usually a bit more feature packed for the price. I'm a great Denon fan owning 3 of the 2012 series but they are a bit laid back for movies. The onkyo will probably have a bit more guts.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi ,

I'm very new here as well but I will risk an opinion if thats okay . It seems to me you are getting the onkyo at a clearance price with the speakers you like , I assume you are set on the speakers if you are not listen to option 's 2 & 3 and decide between them , If you go with the wharfdales is it possable to buy them and loan the Denon amp from the other dealer for a weekend to see if its worth the extra or will you miss the deal on the onkyo ?

amilapradeep

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Mtenga said:
If the price is a consideration then the onkyo is a no brainer. It's the same level of amp and onkyo are usually a bit more feature packed for the price. I'm a great Denon fan owning 3 of the 2012 series but they are a bit laid back for movies. The onkyo will probably have a bit more guts.

Mtenga,

I read lot more forums and now again moving towards denon, even though it would cost me 1000AED more. Because of the HDMI issues with onkyo, which most of the users complaining.

amilapradeep

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
JamesMellor said:
Hi ,

I'm very new here as well but I will risk an opinion if thats okay . It seems to me you are getting the onkyo at a clearance price with the speakers you like , I assume you are set on the speakers if you are not listen to option 's 2 & 3 and decide between them , If you go with the wharfdales is it possable to buy them and loan the Denon amp from the other dealer for a weekend to see if its worth the extra or will you miss the deal on the onkyo ?

Thanks JamesMellor,

As you said, i was to buy this wharfdales dx-1 and denon 1713 last weekend. But this clearance sale of onkyo made me to think again.

I didn't try to loan a denon from a seller. i will try next weekend, though i am not sure about it. Anyway Most probobly i will go for denon now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts