Denon AVR 1910 or 2310 vs Sony BDP S760 audio decoding

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Now that these amps are going relatively cheap - if you can get them still - how would you compare their decoding of HD audio against the S760? I have Kef 3005SE speakers and was wondering if there would be a notable improvement in sound quality. Also, have just purchased a Panasonic 50V20 so any help in SD upscaling would be welcome.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Ronald, was hoping the answer was as simple as that. Just have to convince the wife now!

Would anybody have experience with these particular units to compare directly? And how about the SD upscaling from a scart set top box to 50" telly?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It isn't as simple as that, technically there shouldn't be any difference between player and amp conversion, the only way to decide which sounds better is to listen to both and determine for yourself.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:It isn't as simple as that, technically there shouldn't be any difference between player and amp conversion, the only way to decide which sounds better is to listen to both and determine for yourself.

Ive never tried my S370 on decoding duties, but my amp is FAR better at decoding than my PS3

A

Anonymous

Alternatively.... how would the onboard sound processing of the Panasonic BD 85 compare to the BDP760? I know its supposed to be a better machine overall but how much better would the sound be??

I've got the urge to splurge some cash!!

scene

I have an S760 and an old amp with no HDMI - therefore I have to let the Sony do the decoding and send the signal over analogue. The Sony does a pretty good job, but... If you decode on the S760 and send over analogue, you are relying on the Sony's DAC, which is OK, but you will introduce audio jitter. If you're looking at decoding to (L)PCM and sending to the amp via HDMI, I would think that as others have said, the Denons will do a better job - it's their primary raison d'etre.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help guys. In the meantime (literally the last few days!) the dishwasher has packed it in and the fridge freezer has started making a funny noise. And we're getting a puppy very soon so with the expected vet bills on top of new appliances the missus has diverted my funds elsewhere.

Damn her sensible mind!

A

Anonymous

Just ordered the 2310. Possibly never going to get an amp of that quality at that price again (£500!). My missus is going to kill me...
emotion-7.gif

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
It's well worth the pain, Mark......

Great amp, IMO.......I was very happy to pay £699 for mine just after it's release in UK.

Paying just £500 is a true bargain!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts