Denon 2310 vs 1910

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm in the midst of helping a friend purchase his first HC set up and are set on the Sony Bdp-s370 and his current panasonic flat screen with the B&W 685 theatre package. The question is if we should go for the Denon avr-1910 as is recommended in WHF best buys or as his budget would allow go for the avr-2310?? I'm tended to go for the best your budget can allow but he isn't sure if he'll notice any difference for the money? Any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

I have the denon 2310 witht he B&W 685 pack and have to say wow. I did sample these speakers with the 1910, and the 2310 easily comes on top and its a great price now. But do you intend to go for 3D anytime soon as it maybe worth waiting for the new a/v to arrive

A

Anonymous

Thanks ramzijw that confirms what I thought. No its no point waiting as My mate is a bit shy of tech and just needs to do it once but right.

A

Anonymous

the 2310s main rival at launch was the yamaha rxv1065 , it retailed at £800 and received 5 stars from whfi , at that price , now going for £450 from richer sounds , id defo tell your friend about that ..

duly edited strapped
emotion-15.gif

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Do you mean the Yamaha 1065 Max? I can comment from experience that the Yamaha 1065 compliments B&W speakers extremely well. That said, the 765 is still a very good receiver. Having had a Denon 1910 in my home for a week connected to my B&Ws, I would say that the 1065 is a far better option. Get a good audition of all though, rather than taking forum members' words for it. Any reasonable dealer will let you hear the B&W 685s with all the above named receivers. Not to mention the new generation of 3D (i.e. HDMI v. 1.4) compatible receivers, though I've only heard the Onkyo 608 at £450, which was good, but a little too boomy for my tastes...

The Lawnmower Man

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
The Yamaha 1065 is as good as the Denon 2310 and it's £150 cheaper.

It all boils down to which you prefer tonally with your speakers and if you think the Denon is worth £150 more if you prefer it.

A

Anonymous

strapped for cash:No worries Max! We all like to promote our own kit. I'm as guilty as anyone in that respect!
emotion-5.gif

why unbiased is my middle name
emotion-16.gif

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Get the 2310. The sound is incredible. Detail, dynamics, and musicality - you name it. Got a great deal on it too - $600 cdn brand new. The store was clearing out some of their inventory. Not sure if they do worldwide shipping but check out Soundsaround.

A

Anonymous

The denon 1911 seems to have been greatly cut on the rear connections.............

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
almost all new receivers from all brands have less options of connections.most seem to have lost he analogue ins

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts