Upgrade from Panasonic DMP-BD35 to Sony S760?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have had a Panasonic DMP-BD35 and Sony KDL-32W4000 for a year. I've just decided to invest in some tasty surround sound, so have just purchased a KEF 3005SE sysytem (£649 from HiFix). Now I am planning to get a Denon AVR-1910, and am not sure whether to upgrade my blu-ray player at the same time (can get Denon AVR-1910 and Sony BDP-S760 together as a package, £649 again).

I remember the What Hi-Fi review saying that my blu-ray player's weakpoint was it's sound, which didn't matter to me at the time. I feel now like it might be the weak link in my system. Is it worth upgrading to the Sony?

Another reason I am considering the Sony is music playback. It's that or a Marantz CD6003, but not sure I could afford both. I'm in a bit of a quandry.

I would geatly appreciate any advice you can offer.

A

Anonymous

I would keep your panasonic and buy the dedicated cd player. I "upgraded" to the sony and to be honest it doesn't exactly kick the 35 out of the stadium. I would think that the marantz would stomp all over the sony and panasonic for music play back. So ultimately you would have a better overall system that way IMHO.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Gander. So the Sony is not significantly better than the Panosonic for film soundtracks? I want to do justice to my new system, even though it was a little bit more than I budgeted for...

How is the Sony for music playback? I would say that films are more important for me than music, but I still want a decent music player.

What about connecting an ipod to the Denon AVR-1910? Is this possible? And how would it compare to connecting an ipod to the Marantz, and CD playback on the Marantz? This is probably the wrong forum for that now...

A

Anonymous

In my opinion, the Denon DVD-2500BT would be a more appropriate upgrade, considering your intention of getting the Denon AVR-1910 amp. They would work splendidly together, besides looking the part too!

It's only Profile 1.1 though, unlike the Sony S760, but in terms of pure AV, it has the edge.

A

Anonymous

The denon is a worthy upgrade over the panasonic if you can be patient with its slow and fussy operation (in my limited experience). It produces a fantastic, rock solid and detailed picture. The sound is also tip top. I don't know what the CD play back is like. The WHF team will be able to tell you if its as good or close to the dedicated CD player you are considering.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts