Denon 39 & Denon DA-300USB Audio DAC with USB-B - Silver

bobrobert

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I have just bought a Denon 39 and have been reading about DAC's, which I am ignorant about. Would it make sense to add a Denon DA-300USB Audio DAC with USB-B - Silver

in addition to the Denon39? I am also accessing music via a TV and Amazon FireTV connected to Amazon cloud and an optical cable. No intention of connecting to a computer. In addition I have Grado headphones. Would it greatly improve the sound quality or would I be wasting £200? TIA

chelstondave

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi, having done A -B comparisons I think the difference between dacs is pretty small unless you are using lossless / higher quality files which it doesn't sound like you would be. I personally think it's a bit of overkill to have a £200 dac into a Denon 39 which is pretty good for an all in one system but not separates quality.

SteveR750

chelstondave said:
Hi, having done A -B comparisons I think the difference between dacs is pretty small unless you are using lossless / higher quality files which it doesn't sound like you would be. I personally think it's a bit of overkill to have a £200 dac into a Denon 39 which is pretty good for an all in one system but not separates quality.

Based upon my listening impressions, I'd agree. You have to spend a lot of £££ to get noticeable upgrades in DACs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts