Denon 2310 & Sky HD optical

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Ok, So I've connected HDMI & optical to both and only get stereo not 5.1 from the amp ( I have tried Sky's DD channels) - I've made all the changes for the amp to take in digital optical audio but the last step is to set SKY to output optical in the audio settings but being the new EPG there isn't an option to set optical to DD - Is this because the new EPG's don't have this option and is automatic and I've missed something else? (I have the Amstrad Sky HD box)

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

I have searched high and low in the Sky settings but only gives 3 options in the audio settings - none of which relate to optical - perhaps somebody who has the new EPG / Amstrad box can verify?

Thanks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I'm told it's the second line in the sound menu, where you have a choice or Normal or Dolby D. Doesn't specifically say 'optical' but that's the one...

A

Anonymous

Hmmm, I did try that option but still with no joy. Anyway, thanks for that Andrew I was just thrown because there was no reference to 'optical' in the audio settings. I'm not sure what else I can try - I've assigned optical ; changed input setup from auto to digital (as some people have done) anything else I'm missing?

Thanks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Are you sure the programs you are watching are in DD? Not all movies on Sky Movies, for example, are in DD.

Beyond that, it may be a problem in the amp settings: you could test it by trying unplugging the optical cable, in which case you should have no sound.

A

Anonymous

Yes, I checked on the info bar for DD programs. As far as unplugging the optical cable it won't make any difference as I get just stereo through the HDMI? I will have a look tonight for further testing.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
As well as setting the audio to digital, you also have to select a digital input under the input assign menu, eg to Opt 1, but I believe the receiver may be defaulting back to its factory settings, and thus overriding the selection you have made.

Assuming the Sky box is outputting DD, then one way round this is to use the receiver's Quick Select Memory to store all the settings, including input assign. Thus all these settings can be recalled at the push of one of the memory buttons at the top of the remote.

A

Anonymous

On my amp I have in assignments and you can change them from Optical and Hdmi, anything on yours?

I just put the optical in my Box and it did it automatic did not even touch the HD box

A

Anonymous

I have video assigned to HDMI and opt1 to audio. When I go back in to check the Input menu the settings are still there.I will try what you suggested later Andrew. Thanks to all ...

TRENDING THREADS