Denon 2310 Problem.....

brendonw

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Bought a Denon 2310 from RS back last year.

Occasionally it would power off into standby and the red light would flash. Now it does it with BD, Sky and Xbox360 - and each time you need to physically power it off.

So spoke to RS, they said check your connections, especially the speaker cables to make sure they aren't touching. So did this and it continued to happen. Thought nothing of it but it steadily got worse until it did this 9 times in 1 night.

RS had it back the first time. No engineer report. Just shipped back.

Took it home and connected it all up- within 2 days the same problem :(

So back it goes and this time I ask for a loan unit - I get a Yamaha 667 - Now this in the 3 weeks I have had it has had no problems what so ever. All connected up as the Denon has been before.

RS letter arrives, states after extensive testing they can find no fault and they've asked me to collect.

Anyone care to comment, maybe I've missed something but its odd the Yamaha is fine but the Denon is not.

Thanks in advance :)

michael hoy

The exact same thing happened to my 1909, it had been working fine for months then powered of and red light.

I took it back to AudioT who sent it away for repair, a part had to be replaced and the amp was updated with the latest firmware.

AudioT did put it on test while I was there, at one point we thought it wasn't going to happen, but within 5 mins it turned off.

It also turned off at home with nothing plugged into it.

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
I've experienced

once or twice this kind of problem with denon's av receivers and a pma 1500ae all demonstration models in stores.made me wonder then...this thread makes me wonder now.

brendonw

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

RS suggesting its something wrong with something else in my setup but the fact that the Yamaha has been perfectly fine would logically prove otherwise, unless there is an incompatibility somewhere.

Got to call them today and speak to the mgr to try and get something sorted.

Hopefully a credit for the Denon.......

A

Anonymous

same thing happened to me when i had my first denon 2307 years ago, a bit of a newbie mistake, i didnt give the amp enough ventilation and the thermal overload kept kicking in, i removed the back of the oak av rack and gave it some air, problem solved..

brendonw

May 24, 2010
Visit site
It's on a Soundstyle AV rack, just like the Arcam and Denon amps before it.

So does have plenty of ventilation :)

but thanks for the info.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts