Denon 2308 + Tannoy Arena System; good or bad?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone. I'm ready to place an order for a Denon 2308 + Tannoy Arena System and I was wondering if you think it's a good idea or if I could get anything better for my hard earned money. I'm pretty much set on the Arenas but someone told me to wait for Denon 2309. What should I do? What should I do?

A

Anonymous

Hmm; typical. I'm fooling around with my brand-new Denon AVR-2808 & Tannoy arena system as we speak. Unpacked it a few days ago and I'm absolutely thrilled by the components!

The Arena system is absolutely smashing with multi-channel audio and continues to amaze me with stereo music reproduction as well. I've spent the last 12 years with a very capable stereo-amp and large speakers so I was expected to be dissapointed with stereo performance but not one complaint to date! The Denon sounds composed but certainly has enough grunt and authority for my taste...

Haven't even set it all up proper and I'm very, very satisfied with my choice.

Go for it!

A

Anonymous

Thats great news my friend! I'm also very exchited to start playing with my "toys"; they should arrive sometime next week.. I'll let you know how it goes..
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I know you'll be in for a treat! Be sure to post your findings here
emotion-2.gif
!

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

Glad to hear some other people are enthusiastic about the Tannoy Arena. It seems to be something of a niche product, maybe due to the looks, which I think are great but aren't to everyone's tastes. I wish more people would give it an audition, as it's from a good British mark, and a great performer.

I have them with a Maranz, but did hear them with a decent Denon, (can't remember number), and was very impressed. Didn't really debate getting the Denon amp, as I'd already got the Marantz, but it might have been a close call.

The clarity and detail that gets piskced up is great, and even in TV or film it really locks onto music, even background music, and brings it out, (without overpowering the main sounds). I end up getting quite into bits of music on adverts and other programs I'd never even noticed before.

I've been impressed with the Arenas, and thought they were much better than a lot of seemingly well-respected style systems that I reviewed, that were often more expensive. However, I didn't have any proper hi-fi stuff before, so wasn't sure if they were only comparatively good, and I wasn't getting a real hi-fi experience, so it's good to hear your comments regarding their musical performance with reference to your previous stereo system.

A

Anonymous

Hi Kinda,

I think we've already spoken on another forum about this :)

I'm set on the Arena's now, just wondering whether I should go for the Onkyo 606 or the Denon 1909 as whifi gave the Denon the edge last month. Unfortunately I now can't arrange a demo for a few weeks yet due to work/holidays so I'm chomping at the bit every day. I keep thinking I'll just order one of them as I doubt I'd be able to tell a huge difference anyhow but as it's so much money I think the sensible thing would be to hold out a little while longer and wait to hear them both together. I've even photographed my room and then photoshoped both the white and black versions of the Arena's to try and see which would suit the room and rest of my equipment best, how sad it that! :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts