Denon 2105 problems please help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Denon 2105 AV receiver has popped again. This is the 2rd time this has happened. The unit just flashes the red power indicator repeatedly. I can't understand why this has happened. Any suggestions?

The first time this happened was on a brand new unit. Sevenoaks changed the it without question. This time (3 years later) I am now out of waranty.

Is this a common fault? Can someone recommend a more reliable unit. After problems with a Denon CD player, I feel inclined to never purchase this sodding brand again. It is bloody trash!

A

Anonymous

One other question, where can I get this thing repaired?

John Duncan

The manual says to check for overheating (maybe poor ventilation) or wiring problems. Try different speaker cables - one of them may have shorted internally (happened with my Yamaha). If that all fails, contact Denon, but don't expect cheapness - I was quoted 70 quid just to look at my mini.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
You could try unpluging everything to your amp apart from the power lead and see if it powers up. If it still won't power up then you have a fault with your amp. Might be worth a quick check just incase somthing else is causing the fault.

I have the exact same amp and have had no problems with mine (touch wood). I even had a Denon car amp that lasted 10 years before it went faulty. Considering the conditions my car amp lived in I think 10 years is bloody impresive.

It doesn't matter what Manufacturer you buy there is always going to be a small percentage that goes faulty. Even NASA who have the most demanding quality control systems on the planet get it wrong now and again.

If your amp is faulty then I would be very tempted to replace it with a new amp. Probably be cheaper especially if you are not bothered with HD sound or HDMI upscaling. There must be a good few bargains to be had especially with this years new amps coming onto the market and the retailers trying to sell last years models.

A

Anonymous

Very strange, unplugged everything and it powered up. So I thought I would plug everything in again leaving one lead out, and keep swaping them out until I found the fault. Unfortunately it went back into safe mode again, and that's how it remains even after unplugging everything again. Very frustrating.

I have found a place that do repairs, £30 to look at it, but this comes off the end bill should i go ahead with repairs. Let's see what they say
emotion-6.gif

A

Anonymous

Can someone just advise how to chech for shorts in cables etc.

I have plugged in an old Marantz amp into the speakers. Everything sounds OK. No blown speakers, buzzing cracking or popping. Is this a good enough test?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts