Dennon 2310 & sky

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guy's

Just installed Denon 2310 & Kef 3005se-w speakers using van den hul flat HDMI cable. I have just read in this forum that to achieve surround sound from sky HD box, i will require an optical cable? My question is...do i still need to have the HDMI cable attached? It wasn't cheap so will be gutted if not required!

Paul

A

Anonymous

Hi. Use HDMI to carry picture and optical for sound. Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Hi oggy1,

We are both hooking up Sky to the 2310 at the same time (see my posting literally 1 minute before yours). I'd be interested to know if you encounter the same lip synch issues as I am.

Cheers

LL

pete.g

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
i have also connected my sky hd to the 2310 and the lip synch issue is very frustrating. I have tried to adjust it via the sky settings and also the the audio delay settings on the 2310 with no joy. Tried to watch Transformers this morning recorded on Sky + and it is almost unwatchable - the audio is so far out it almost looks like it has been badly dubbed

A

Anonymous

pete.g:

Have you tried adjusting the processing settings on your TV? I have a Philips 9664 and was advised to turn off 'Perfect Natural Motion'. That seems to make a significant difference.

A

Anonymous

Try hooking up the receiver to HDMI port one, apparently there is better circuitry there or something. This has fixed some problems for others so it is worth a try. I have linked my Denon 2310 to my Sky HD this way and there aren't any lip sync issues at all. I have the Amstard box, which boxes are you people having problems with?

pete.g

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
Mine is hooked up through HDMI 1 as suggested along with the optical feed. I have the Amstrad also. I am watching a movie on one of the Hd channels and all is ok but when i go into my planner and watch a recorded movie, that is where the audio sync problem is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts