Deep Colour from AV receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a Marantz SR5006 and the manual says it supports Deep Colour but I can find how to enable it anywhere in the manual? Does this mean that it is automatically enabled?

My TV (Samsung 40C7000) supports Deep Colour and so does my HDMI (Wireworld Island 6) cable, just not sure what I need to do to get it working, any advice would be great.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I'd say that at the very least, you'd need a BR movie disc with deep colour content on it.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
I would think the receiver should just automatically pass the picture signal (whatever type it may be) straight through. I would imagine its a bit like a 3D enabled receiver.

If someones knows better I'll stand corrected.

A

Anonymous

It's something the AVR supports without needing activating, although you won't have many sources that have been encoded with deep colour, unless you have AVCHD camcorder from Sony/Panasonic (and set it to record in deep colour) a PS3 (there are only a few deep colour titles though) or a Blu ray disc recorder with it (but I'm not aware of any current discs with it).

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for your replies. I would assume that it is done automatically. I am just confused because on the Onkyo 609 you set deep color either on or off. I am also not sure whether the Onkyo adds deep color to the image or just allows it to pass through?

I have not found an option on the Marantz to set deep color on or off and the manual only states that it supports it.

Any way if anyone knows better or any additional info, please post here.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Hi, you can't apply deep colour, like upscaling etc. the source has to be recorded with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts