Dedicated Mains Spur

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
[size=3 face=Calibri>A few months ago I had a dedicated spur added for my hifi and thought it was about time I posted a few thoughts and observations.

[size=3 face=Calibri>I um’d and ah’d for a fair while about whether to go to the bother of using a ‘proper’ piece of cable as opposed to the ‘common and garden’ cable my electrician would use.A few months ago I had a dedicated spur added for my hifi and thought it was about time I posted a few thoughts and observations.[/size=3 face=Calibri>I um’d and ah’d for a fair while about whether to go to the bother of using a ‘proper’ piece of cable as opposed to the ‘common and garden’ cable my electrician would use.I um’d and ah’d for a fair while about whether to go to the bother of using a ‘proper’ piece of cable as opposed to the ‘common and garden’ cable my electrician would use.The end results are entirely positive – the whole system is much quieter and sounds more dynamic.The end results are entirely positive – the whole system is much quieter and sounds more dynamic.Oh and as a bonus, I had three meters left over (the system is in a room upstairs and is pretty much directly above the consumer unit) so I also now have two decent power leads running the mono blocs [/size=3 face=Calibri>I um’d and ah’d for a fair while about whether to go to the bother of using a ‘proper’ piece of cable as opposed to the ‘common and garden’ cable my electrician would use.The end results are entirely positive – the whole system is much quieter and sounds more dynamic.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Bodfish:The end results are entirely positive...

You need to get a better electrician
emotion-4.gif

idc

Whether intended or not, as the previous owners of my house did not have any hifi and only a basic TV, but there is a spur that goes to the TV which has two sockets for it and another two nearby. I have the hifi plugged in to those two sockets and each socket supplies a mains block, all of which have some form of mains conditioning. I am sure I have less background noise than anywhere else I have lived.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts