Damaged tweeter ?

vonchief

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Just took the covers off my PMC DB1+ speakers and found one of tweeters had been pushed in.

My 6 year old son admitted to touching it . Don't you just love em ....

Anyway, i tried sellotape to pull it back out.This didn't work so i got the hoover on it which pulled it back into shape really well.

The speakers don't sound any different but after when i did a search for damaged tweeters i came across a warning about using hoovers as the tweeters have fluid in them and the suction can cause unseen damage.

Please put my mind at rest and tell me they will be OK.

A

Anonymous

vonchief:

Hi everyone,

Just took the covers off my PMC DB1+ speakers and found one of tweeters had been pushed in.

My 6 year old son admitted to touching it . Don't you just love em ....

Anyway, i tried sellotape to pull it back out.This didn't work so i got the hoover on it which pulled it back into shape really well.

The speakers don't sound any different but after when i did a search for damaged tweeters i came across a warning about using hoovers as the tweeters have fluid in them and the suction can cause unseen damage.

Please put my mind at rest and tell me they will be OK.

sadly, no matter what anyone says, you have read the warning and it will always 'work on your mind' .... so best have them checked out properly by PMC or a reputable speaker repair company

vonchief

Dec 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply.

Not what i wanted to hear though, but your probably right.

Do you have any idea what damage could have been done ? would it show up straight away ?

The missus says I'm paranoid and as there is no difference to the sound i should just forget it.

A

Anonymous

vonchief:

Thanks for the quick reply.

Not what i wanted to hear though, but your probably right.

Do you have any idea what damage could have been done ? would it show up straight away ?

The missus says I'm paranoid and as there is no difference to the sound i should just forget it.

don't have a clue! ... but sounds as though you have been very lucky! .... when funds permit, have them properly checked to put your mind at rest

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts