Damaged Speaker help

fuel4life

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys/gals,

I wondered if someone could help me with a damaged speaker.

My dog, whilst playing, knocked one of my speakers forward. It fell and inverted the grill covering the speaker (the top most tweeter speaker), which in turn, pushed in the diple in the middle of the speaker slightly inwards.

What would you advise? Should I contact the manufacturer for a replacement and diy fix it or are there guys out there that could fix.

I cant hear any difference but I know its there and it bugs me!

Thanks in advance,

Mart

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
If you do have accidental damage insurance, whether or not it's worth claiming may depend on the excess involved, and any impact a claim may have on future premiums.

If it's only a small 'ding' in the tweeter dome, you could try pulling it out with the gentle application of some sticky tape and a pull. If not, it will be possible to replace the tweeter, but how easy the unit is to remove depends on the design of the speaker and thus how the drive unit is fixed in place, and replacement may involve some soldering (some drivers have the wires from the crossover attached with push-on 'tags', while others have the wires soldered in place).

Probably worth a call to the speaker manufacturer's spares/service department to get an idea of the cost of a new driver, and some advice on how easy a DIY job it is to replace it.

Bear in mind too that if the speaker is still in warranty, a DIY fix may invalidate it.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Contact The Manufacture... I had similar problem a fey years ago with a MISSION M33i floorstander...

They were very helpfull, but more than that you be surprised how cheap each component may be to replace... you dont mention you speaker but it was cheap they posted me a new driver and i fitted it in 20 mins

Do try pull it out yourself 1st be very gentle use maybe some sticky tape to pull it out it may be worth a go

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Suck it out with a straw and continue loving your dog. You cna use duck tape or vacuum cleaner but carefully. Lots of tutorials on youtube.

TRENDING THREADS