Dali Zensor 5 Speakers with B&W PVD1 or B&W MT-60D kit?

Richie

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Current setup- Marantz SR7007, Sony 790 BluRay, Sony 40' 3D TV, Dali Zensor 5 Front Speakers with mission dipolas at rear. No sub or centre.

Looking at getting the B&W PVD1 sub due to looks and performance and replacing the rear speakers. What I can t decide on is weather I get Dali rears and no centre or replace all the speakers for the B&W MT-60D kit? Will my full size speakers sound better than the 60D kit?

topbloke55

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
Your larger speakers will sound better and the Audyssey MultEQ XT Pro you have in the receiver will be able to give a better set-up using the larger fronts.

I have the B & W and while it is good I have the cross over on my main set around 60Hz to allow the mains to be more agile on the lower bass area and then the sub take care of the bottom end fill in.

If you go for the satellites more of the atmospheric effect will be downgraded (read lost) as it will be pushed to the sub.

I have spent a lot of time getting by sub in the right place with the right cross overs and the more bass I could get through the mains the more together the whole system sounded.

Also getting a centre speaker will really help, it should be a Dali one to get the best integration.

Hope that helps.

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Keep the Dali's and go with Fazon or Mikro's at the back. I would consider getting a centre as well Dali do a wide range that would suit. The PV1D works realy well with the Dali's so you are safe on that score.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts