Dali Zensor 3 vs. Quad 11L Classic vs. Boston Acoustics A 26

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I looking for a speaker for classical music, with full bodied sound (not bass light), detalied but easy for ears sound. My system: Arcam Alpha 7R amp, Arcam CD 72

The 3 speakers (Zensor 3, Quad 11 classic, Boston A. A 26) have aprox. the same price. Sorry, I have no possibility to listen the speakers , I can buy on line, so I need your opinion.

Another competitor is the Wharfedale Diamond 121, which is cheaper, but I suppose is far inferior in term of sound quality.

The Q Acoustics 2020 is not good for me because of very deep cabinet

Thank you for any observation

Not being stupid am I?, but are not the Dali Zensor 3's actually 'deeper' than the 2020's ?

If this is the case why are they on your list?

Or is that not what you meant by 'very deep cabinet'?

Oh, also the Boston's are cheaper than the Wharfdales (at least they are in the UK, so should be online).

I would not assume the Wharfdales sound quality is any worse than any of the others on your list.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
You are right, the Dali is also deep, I think the Q Acoustics 2020 has less bass power because it has smaller cabinet, so I would prefer Zensor 3, Quad 11 Classic an Boston A. A 26 (cheaper than Dali and Quad, but with just a little -in my country)

The Wharfedale Diamond 122 (bigger than 121) can be an option

For your intended listening I would suggest then the 122's you mention would be best suited.

"outstanding" (5 out of 5 points)

"Keenly priced"

At this price, there's nothing that Hi-Fi World could hold against Wharfedale's Diamond 122s. Their sleek styling and fantastic bass are the most obvious points in their favour, but detail and scale are also impressive, and partnered with a good mid-range amp they punch well above their weight, making them some of the best sub-£300 speakers on the market without a doubt.

If these are too big then I'd suggest the Dali's as a second option.

Whichever you go for make sure they are on decent stands and in plenty of 'free space' if possible.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I would think the 122 wharfs should be good - somewhere I read they sound best with speaker covers off - not sure if this is true. I have the Boston A26 speakers and i like them a lot. I would expect the Dali's to sound more exciting so should be near the top of your list considering the Arcam components. If your looking for a lot more bass have you thought about floorstanders? Castle Knight 2 may be worth a look as well.

TRENDING THREADS