Dali zensor 3 vs the new spektor

gasolin

As some of you might know im looking for a bit more bass and i have now looked at the dali zensor 3, it's an older model, should be able to find a pair for an okay price and has about minimum size i should upgrade my Q Acoustics 3020 to

Have no idea what used speaker not older than zensor 3 could be an alternative to zensor 3, a "big" bookshelf speaker (6½" or bigger woofer, think 8" would be to big)

Dali zensor 3 are surpose to sound good with a marantz PM6005, some even mention a match made in heaven and i have the biggest non high end marantz amp PM8005 so my amp should be more than perfect for a pair of zensor 3

Biggest concern is the treble that can easily be intrusive,agressive,harsh at high levels and the fact that some say it has a colored sound, that's about it.

How bad is it? I don't feel at all my Q Acoustics 3020 have a colored sound and the top is very good, not at all loud intrusive,harsh,agressive (they are angled toward the listening position, which i do not want to do if i bought a pair of zensor 3)

This month dali has release the Dali spektor, what range is it in, under,above or as a replacement for the dali zensors?

Price in denmark is the same for zensor 1 and spektor 2 and spektor 1 is slightly cheaper than zensor pico

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gasolin said:
As some of you might know im looking for a bit more bass and i have now looked at the dali zensor 3, it's an older model, should be able to find a pair for an okay price and has about minimum size i should upgrade my Q Acoustics 3020 to

Have no idea what used speaker not older than zensor 3 could be an alternative to zensor 3, a "big" bookshelf speaker (6½" or bigger woofer, think 8" would be to big)

Dali zensor 3 are surpose to sound good with a marantz PM6005, some even mention a match made in heaven and i have the biggest non high end marantz amp PM8005 so my amp should be more than perfect for a pair of zensor 3

Biggest concern is the treble that can easily be intrusive,agressive,harsh at high leven and the fact that some say it has a colored sound, that's about it.

How bad is it? I don't feel at all my Q Acoustics 3020 have a colored sound and the top is very good, not at all loud intrusive,harsh,agressive (they are angled toward the listening position, which i do not want to do if i bought a pair of zensor 3)

This month dali has release the Dali spektor, what range is it in, under,above or as a replacement for the dali zensors?

Price in denmark is the same for zensor 1 and spektor 2 and spektor 1 is slightly cheaper than zensor pico
you could try Dali lekor 2 as Dali have stopped making theses but you might get a mint pair for a good price new old stock or cheaper still secondhand . You used to have the Dali zenor 3s I remember you said you did not like them .

gasolin

Blacksabbath25 said:
gasolin said:

Biggest concern is the treble that can easily be intrusive,agressive,harsh at high leven and the fact that some say it has a colored sound, that's about it.

you could try Dali lekor 2 as Dali have stopped making theses but you might get a mint pair for a good price new old stock or cheaper still secondhand . You used to have the Dali zenor 3s I remember you said you did not like them .

Dali Zensor 1, had them for atleast 1 year, didn't like the bass (lacking) and the top at high levels

I have a much better amp than i have had for the last 6-7 years and some say as i allready have mentioned a Marantz PM6005 (like you had) is a match made in heaven with the dali zensor 3's (which you also had) i just happen to have a slightly bigger Marantz pm amp or here with a marantz all in one system http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/new-sound-finally

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Do not get me wrong mate

they are very good speakers for the money and I still stand by that and a lot of people love them too

yes your got a much better amp then you have had in the past but I reckon you could pick up opticon 1 , lekor 2s for just a little more money and would be a better upgrade to go with that nice marantz pm8005 of yours .

i had the zenor 1 s when they first came out they are not very bass heavy and they give off a light response but when the zenor 3s came out they were different from the 1s in lots of ways and a better speaker for the money you pay and still a great speaker

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
If I won the Lottery I would buy the Dali Epicon 8s as I love Dali speakers so much but I've not got £11.500 to buy them *sorry2*

i read that the low end of Dali speaker range are now made in China under the guidelines of Dali and everything from opticon upwards are made in Denmark still .

gasolin

Blacksabbath25 said:
Do not get me wrong mate

they are very good speakers for the money and I still stand by that and a lot of people love them too

yes your got a much better amp then you have had in the past but I reckon you could pick up opticon 1 , lekor 2s for just a little more money and would be a better upgrade to go with that nice marantz pm8005 of yours .

i had the zenor 1 s when they first came out they are not very bass heavy and they give off a light response but when the zenor 3s came out they were different from the 1s in lots of ways and a better speaker for the money you pay and still a great speaker

If they isn't bigger than what i have it doesn't make sense to upgrade my Q Acoustics 3020 to get better bass.

Most people (or almost everybody) say get bigger speaker and there for opticon 1 (much more expensive than my budget) and Lektor 2 (not big enought) won't be any real upgrade since im looking for better bass,slightly more bass, not better midrang,treble (if i get that it's just a nice bonus)

I have heard lektor 1 and 2 the 2's have considerable more bass

insider9

If bass performance is that important and you don't mind going second hand than Monitor Audio Silver RX2 would be great. They should cost similarly to brand new pair of Zensors 3.

Not coloured like the Zensors, even bigger driver (8") and more bass. They're big standmounts. They're not bass heavy though just well extended. Bass goes deep and is substantial. They'd might be too much for a small listening room (apologies, don't remember how big your room is). At the very same time they're open in mids and detailed in treble. They'd be a significant upgrade on QAcoustics.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of love for the wharfedale diamond 220s here, but the few and far between reviews of its bigger brother the 225 seems favorable. Quite big but not to fussy of placement with its down firing system

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I think you will find with the marantz pm8005 this amp will give you a bit more deeper bass . I find this to be the case when I first got the marantz pm8005 what I remember with zonsor 3s

maybe the zensor 3s will sound better with the pm8005 it's hard to say in you case as you know the marantz sound wise is a lot different then the marantz pm6005

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
gasolin said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Do not get me wrong mate 

If they isn't bigger than what i have it doesn't make sense to upgrade my Q Acoustics 3020 to get better bass.

Most people (or almost everybody) say get bigger speaker and there for opticon 1 (much more expensive than my budget) and Lektor 2 (not big enought) won't be any real upgrade since im looking for better bass,slightly more bass, not better midrang,treble (if i get that it's just a nice bonus)

I would go for the zensor 3's and if they are a bit bright try some qed xt40 speaker wire.should be a good balance

gasolin

insider9 said:
If bass performance is that important and you don't mind going second hand than Monitor Audio Silver RX2 would be great. They should cost similarly to brand new pair of Zensors 3.

Not coloured like the Zensors, even bigger driver (8") and more bass. They're big standmounts. They're not bass heavy though just well extended. Bass goes deep and is substantial. They'd might be too much for a small listening room (apologies, don't remember how big your room is). At the very same time they're open in mids and detailed in treble. They'd be a significant upgrade on QAcoustics.

They might be to big, on hifishark i couldn't find any

gasolin

seemorebtts said:
gasolin said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Do not get me wrong mate

I would go for the zensor 3's and if they are a bit bright try some qed xt40 speaker wire.should be a good balance

Just don angle them dali manual say for the zensor 1 don't angle them http://www.stereophile.com/content/dali-zensor-1-loudspeaker-measurements#csD2QOBhUGBXAzx6.97

712Dalifig3.jpg

gasolin

Dali spektor 2 sounded alot less open than dali zensor 1 as if they where made for cheap systems that can sound bright, the bass was good, zensor 1 alot more open and sounded dynamic, zensor 3 more bass, that's about the bass i want

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Just keep saving mate at least your got your old speakers still until you got a bit saved up

then you may have a bit more of a choice when looking for some or sometimes on eBay you can get lucky and place a bid and your the only bidder on a good pair of speakers for cheap money

gasolin

Blacksabbath25 said:
So what are you going to get then speaker wise

have you decided yet ?

No used Dali zensor 3 other than a pair with scratches,holes on the back ( 6 ) and no front covers,grills, for 50% of what the retailprice is, i could pay what they cost new but i would rather save some money, it's strange, theres alot of used zensor 1 for sale, no used zensor 3 worth buying, not even a hand full of zensor 3's

Price,size,bass i don't know what alternative to zensor 3 there is (almost look down), some in the dali zensor 3 owners club wrote the zensor 3 in every way surpassed Q Acoustics 2020i, i like my Q Acoustics 2010i's

I was in the biggest city close to where i live (30 min by train) to listen to the Elac Debut B5 and B6, when i arrived they where selling the only pair the had stock (B5), so there where no chance for me to listen to a pair, have to wait to next week to listen to a pair

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
the dali zensor 3 has a 7 bass size so it is not so good for litle rooms, how big is your room?

if i was you i better go to the new lektor 2

ps. i am in the same dilema zensor 1 or lektor2, i guess the best is to listen to them but they use to have big rooms in their hifi klubb rooms and the amp they use maybe have more amp than the one we use, they may have carpet etc that are different that our home acoustic but the best is to go and compare, we are lucky we had that chance

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
"Dali Zensor 1, had them for atleast 1 year, didn't like the bass (lacking) and the top at high levels"

thanks very good to know

gasolin

bubobubo said:
gasolin said:
Dali spektor 2 sounded alot less open than dali zensor 1
good info for me ps. do you remember what amp was used?

Denon PMA 50 https://www.denon.co.uk/uk/product/hifi/amplifier/pma50 same price as a Nad C326BEE

Dali zensor is more open,clear sounding but it might be to much when you listening to music for a long time, the speaktors are new so they don't have any who is burn in for mabye 50-100 hours

If i want more bass i have to buy a lot more different speaker if i want the same sized speaker (could be much more expensive) or buy bigger speakers

I have a medium "european" sized room

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
i guess i prefer then the dali spektor 2 thanks for the info

ps. any big difference betwen spektor 1 and 2 ? (i have a 4 x 4 meter room)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts