Dali zensor 3 vs the new spektor

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gasolin

I forgot the Mission LX-2's

Avforum rates them at 10 out of 10 for sound quality and only 9 for the Q Acoustics 3020, so the Mission LX-2 must do something better (i have heard the bass is good)

https://www.avforums.com/review/mission-lx2-standmount-speaker-review.13229

https://www.avforums.com/review/q-acoustics-3020-speaker-review.11783

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
If you go Mission, save yourself some money and go M71i.

They look better than the latest LX. Got some in my second system (unused at present). - They sound great but I did some modifications a few years ago which improved things further.

Cheap as chips, sleek and much under rated imho.

gasolin

Blacksabbath25 said:
mission speakers have allways been good on the bass but early ones were a bit boomy . but wouth a demo if you can

One from whathifi have wrote the bass on the mission LX-2 where tight and dynamic

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/new-sound-finally

So, the demo. What immediately struck me about the Missions was their soundstage and depth. Music had a decent weight to it, and they sounded particually good with more bass heavy tracks.

So fare so good avforum give them 10 out of 10 for sound Q Acoustics 3020 9 out of 10 for sound and bugdet speaker of 2017 (the newest 200£ budget speaker) by whathifi so they must do something right

I often feel when i listen to metallica on there youtube channel they lack alot of bass ( not playing more than medium loud when i play loud - 10db rothwell attenuators so i have a wider range of my volume knob before the sound is loud, i can get to 12 o'clock or 1 without distortion (other than what is recorded like a distorted guitar or because of to much gaing from tidal,the record "loudnesswar")

zesor 3 are more bass heavy than zensor 1 and q acoustics but can easily be harsh,agressive at high levels, Daliz zensor and Marantz PM should be a match made in heaven, but brighter sounding speakers can easily sound to much (fattigue)

Found them at hifix for 149£ do you ship to denmark, yes 20£, hififreaks denmark, do you have a pair in black (stil none in black, expected they where out of stock), i can get a pair for 149£ + 20£ in uk.... if price is so important, you can get a pair in walnut for 162£ (good deal they cost retail 208£ on sale with a discount 185£ and as mention 149+ 20£ in uk)

I expect a bit thighter bass, a bit more bass and i imagine they are better value for money than the Q Acoustics 3020 (In Denmark a pair of 3020 also in walnut can atm be had for 210£, 300£ is the retail price, yes we are very expensive here in denmark compared to uk)

Wady

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I have the Zensor 3's in a small room, 2.5m x 2.5m approx. Only 15/20cm away from the back wall.

Had them hooked up to a Cambridge Audio Azur 340a since about 2012.

Recently upgraded the amp to a Audiolab M-One with built in Dac.

I don't know if the Op has made a purchase or is still waiting but I would highly recommend them.

I love tinkering and buying new hifi things but honestly can't get rid of the Zensor 3s.

Theyre doesnt seem to be many used for sale and probably with good reason. I was lucky to get them price matched for 250 5 years ago and notice theyre selling for 319 currently.

Its always a good sign when an older speaker either isnt reduced or is even increased (inflation).

They are very detailed, the bass is strong but not boomy. It is very precise in the highs and lows. They do loosen up slightly after being run in.

Comparing them to the Zensor 1s and Spektors they are over 50% more expensive. They are more than 50% larger in cubiq size.

The 7 inch woofer again over 50% larger surface area.

They do fine in small/medium rooms. Your amp would likely be a great match.

I would test them at home if you can. Somebody mentiomed Qed xt40 speaker cable and this is something I also upgraded too, again slight benefit to bass response and reign in the brightness.

The detail in old music often suprises me when i play them through these speakers.

I also have focal 714s floorstanders and q acoustic 3020s in the same house partners up to Arcam A19 and an old Arcam Alpha 9.

The Dalis are ahead of the q acoustics by a large amount... Again due to current price they are more than double the cost.

I used to also have Cambridge Audio S30 speakers prior to the Dalis.

My advice to anyone is some good research and to go in to any hifi shop with your ideas and thoughts. Dnt be too swayed by others opinions and find a speaker set that fits ur needs.

You say you want more bass and usually the easiest way to achieve this is increased speaker box size and woofer.

Good luck and keep us updated!!

Nelis87

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi gasolin, I was also in the race for Zensor 3 but then stumbled upon the Sonus Faber Principia 3. Very affordable and 7 inch woofer. There is also Principia 1 with a 6 inch woofer. Amazing speakers. Huge scale and bass. Also very clever down/front ported for optimal placement.

gasolin

Oh im the OP

I now have genelec 6010a and they sound great, unfortunally it's expensive to get bigger genelec for more bass, but for there size the bass is good, the mission lx-2 i have between the q acoustics 3020 and genelec where really good, the audio interface i used also had a fullbodied bass that gave the mission more bass than my current audio interface.

The genelec's i have always wanted in white, so when i found one i bought it, i didn't neeed a pair of passive spakers so i have sold them (i only use one pair for my pc and no subwoofer).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts