Dali Zensor 3 speakers.

Everton1878

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.

Has anyone got, or heard the Dali Zensor 3 speakers? Have a good mate who has offered me his for £150 (he hasn't had them that long either) because he's upgrading. I'm not able to hear them because he lives too far away now.

They would be getting matched with a audiolab 8200CDQ, and 8200P power amp.

Also, would they be any better than the KEF iQ3's I'm using now.

Cheers Brian

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Everton1878 said:
Hi all.

Has anyone got, or heard the Dali Zensor 3 speakers? Have a good mate who has offered me his for £150 (he hasn't had them that long either) because he's upgrading. I'm not able to hear them because he lives too far away now.

Cheers Brian

Not sure how they would match with your kit but £150 is a steal

Everton1878

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
knaithrover said:
Everton1878 said:
Hi all.

Cheers Brian

At £150 that's what my mate said!

gasolin

Everton1878 said:
knaithrover said:
Everton1878 said:
Hi all.

Cheers Brian

In Denmark they cost what's equal to 300£ a pair

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
they are very good speakers for the money but not sure how they will be with your setup as they go well with marantz but at £150 i would take a risk in getting them at that money very well bulit speaker and they sound good too but your better of putting them on some speaker stands to get the best out of them .

Everton1878

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
they are very good speakers for the money but not sure how they will be with your setup as they go well with marantz but at £150 i would take a risk in getting them at that money very well bulit speaker and they sound good too but your better of putting them on some speaker stands to get the best out of them .

Was thinking at £150 it would be worth taking the chance, if I don't like them I would imagine I could sell them back on for the £150 I would be paying.

Have got some decent stands that I am using for the KEF iQ3's I have now.

Everton1878

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
gasolin said:
Everton1878 said:
knaithrover said:
Everton1878 said:
Hi all.

Cheers Brian

My mate said they're only 4 months old as well, so £150 sounds like a huge bargain.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Everton1878 said:
Was thinking at £150 if I didn't like them I would be able to sell them on again getting my money back.
yes that is right one way of looking at it i see you posted on the old dali 3 post as you can see by the comments there is a lot of happy people who own them *smile*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Everton1878 said:
gasolin said:
Everton1878 said:
knaithrover said:
Everton1878 said:
Hi all.

Cheers Brian

My mate said they're only 4 months old as well, so £150 sounds like a huge bargain.
they cost £300 in the uk when i had mine they cost me £350 to buy new

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I just sold a pair on fleabay for £220 so you will get your money back if they are in good nick.

Mine worked great with the following amps:-

Marantz MCR510, Arcam A85 and NAD C320BEE.

Not so good with my new NAD D3020 which is why they had to go..

Everton1878

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
knaithrover said:
I just sold a pair on fleabay for £220 so you will get your money back if they are in good nick.

Mine worked great with the following amps:-

Marantz MCR510, Arcam A85 and NAD C320BEE.

Not so good with my new NAD D3020 which is why they had to go..

Have took the plunge and bought them, fingers crossed they work well with my set - up now.

Everton1878

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Let us no what you think when you get them

Got the Zensor 3s off my mate, set them up, absolutely brilliant, bonus was he had burned them in while he was using them.

One thing I couldn't understand, my mate only had them a matter of months, and he's replaced them with the Dali Ikon 1 mk2, doesn't seem to be much in it between these and the Zensor 3's, would the Ikon 1 mk2 be an upgrade on the Zensor 3's?

Cheers Brian.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
glad you like them and bet you was glad you had taken a risk on the dali 3s but not always something you should do all the time in taking risks in hi fi as sometime you can make a mistake lol but they were a good bet given there price . the ikons use a different tweeters they have 2 ones a ribbon tweeter and the other is a conventional tweeter so the ikon is a different speaker all together

Everton1878

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
glad you like them and bet you was glad you had taken a risk on the dali 3s but not always something you should do all the time in taking risks in hi fi as sometime you can make a mistake lol but they were a good bet given there price . the ikons use a different tweeters they have 2 ones a ribbon tweeter and the other is a conventional tweeter so the ikon is a different speaker all togethor

Well worth the gamble at the price he wanted off me. Only problem now is my other half is having a go at me because I just shoved my KEF iQ3's under the stairs.

Everton1878

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
put them on ebay get some money back and your never keep the wife happy lol

My other half is never happy unless she's whinging about something.

Also, would you say the Ikon 1 mk2 is a better speaker than the Zensor 3, just need some ammo to wind my mate up with now that I've got the Zensor 3 speakers off him.

cheers Brian.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I have not hard the Dali ikon's before but the ikon's have that ribbon tweeter so they may have the edge over the Dali 3s to be honest . But the way you got to look at it is that the Dali 3s are better then your old speakers . Dali speakers are all good in my book they pride them selfs on quality and sound quality I have had the Dali 1s , Dali 3s , and now the Dali opticon 6s which are the best speakers I have ever owned my speakers use the same tweeter arrangements as the ikon speaker does I still have my Dali 1s , 3s as I will use them for surround speakers for home cinema when I get round to it and saved a load of money lol

Everton1878

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
I have not hard the Dali ikon's before but the ikon's have that ribbon tweeter so they may have the edge over the Dali 3s to be honest . But the way you got to look at it is that the Dali 3s are better then your old speakers . Dali speakers are all good in my book they pride them selfs on quality and sound quality I have had the Dali 1s , Dali 3s , and now the Dali opticon 6s which are the best speakers I have ever owned my speakers use the same tweeter arrangements as the ikon speaker does I still have my Dali 1s , 3s as I will use them for surround speakers for home cinema when I get round to it and saved a load of money lol

Cheers for replying back mate. Liking the look of the Opticon 6s you've got, also, apart from the performance of the Dali speakers they make, the look of them is spot on as well.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I just wished people on here would try the Dali opticons out when they go for a demo as most people on here go for B&Ws speakers . If you ever go to richer sounds if your from the uk then ask to listen to some I really do recommend them to anyone

Everton1878

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
I just wished people on here would try the Dali opticons out when they go for a demo as most people on here go for B&Ws speakers . If you ever go to richer sounds if your from the uk then ask to listen to some I really do recommend them to anyone

i Think when people go for the B&W's they are mostly just playing safe because of the B&W name. I'm going into Bath with my other half on Thursday (she's dragging me to that Christmas market they have on) there is a Richer sounds there, I think I'll pop in and have a listen to the opticons if they have them there, because the more I read up on them, the more I like them, I can always find a place for the Zensor's somewhere in the house, and it is Christmas!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts