Dali Opticon 6 or Tannoy XT6F; Difficult choice

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I've heard these speakers and also the Dali Zensor 7. All good speakers. The Zensor 7 good; but the other two better. Voices sounded much better. The Dali Opticon 6 maybe the highes are smoother but the Tannoy sounded more lively and more dynamic. The bass from the Opticon a little disapointed from their size. But very difficult to decide which to choose. The Tannoy for 1000,-- Euro or the Dali Opticon for i think here for 1350-- Euro. My amp Exposure 3010S2 and music from bands like Nightwish, Sirenia, Hammerfall, Epica.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
loneranger said:
I've heard these speakers and also the Dali Zensor 7. All good speakers. The Zensor 7 good; but the other two better. Voices sounded much better. The Dali Opticon 6 maybe the highes are smoother but the Tannoy sounded more lively and more dynamic. The bass from the Opticon a little disapointed from their size. But very difficult to decide which to choose. The Tannoy for 1000,-- Euro or the Dali Opticon for i think here for 1350-- Euro. My amp Exposure 3010S2 and music from bands like Nightwish, Sirenia, Hammerfall, Epica.
me personally I would go for the Dali opticon 6s I had a pair of them for 6 months before upgrading to the opticon 8s .

But what I have found with Dali opticons are is that you need a powerful amp to start with as the opticons are a 4ohm speaker and benefit from the extra power the amp can give and the right link of an amp in the first place as I have found in show room demo's with different amps the opticons can sound rubbish or really good with the right match of amp .

This are the amps that work really well with the opticons speakers..... Marantz pm8005 ,abrahamsen 2up , Yamaha S2100 I am not sure why they bring the best out of the opticons but they do . I did try Cambridge flagship pre- amp and power amp but this did not bring the opticons to live I then tried rosksan flagship amp and cdplayer a lot better but still not getting the very best out of the opticons . I had taken the abrahamsen 2up on a demo with me at the time we hooked that up and then the sales man then under stood then how good the opticons can be paired with the right amp .

It's your choice if your happy with your amp and the opticons are not working for you with your amp then keep looking until you come across speakers that do bring a smile to your face but in my opinion the Dali opticons are fantastic speakers a specially with rock , metal the 8s are even better as they are bigger cabinets and use bigger bass drivers .

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
loneranger said:
I think with my amp it will be the Tannoy. Or a second hand MA RX6 still possible. De current Silver 6 not so.

Have a look at the tannoy xt8f? Ask for discount.

Will be more fuller presentation - just what you after imo

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes; i also think so. Only a little dubt about the MA RX6. The RX6 have good bass and also enthousiastic sound. But i think the highs a little brighter. And they are a few years old, but in very good condition. Price 525,-- Euro. New Tannoy XT6F 1000,-- Euro.

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I read many good things about the Q Acoustics concept 40. Are they better than the Tannoy XT6F? Here they are more expensive than the Tannoy. I think 1150-1200,-- Euro. The Tannoy 1000,--

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Compactdisco said:
Did you try the Opticon 6 with an Arcam amp by any chance?
the Dali opticon 6 speakers will not be suited with the arcam stuff as Dali speakers seem to come across dull in sound when put with arcam not sure why but this was my thoughts when I tried the arcam amps on a demo

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
loneranger said:
I read many good things about the Q Acoustics concept 40. Are they better than the Tannoy XT6F? Here they are more expensive than the Tannoy. I think 1150-1200,-- Euro. The Tannoy 1000,--
Reviews are different from the real world. Personally I did not like the concept 40's, I rather prefered the cheaper Q acoustics 3050's.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
loneranger said:
not heard the Q acoustic speakers so can not comment on them .

but what is important is demo speakers never buy them online without a demo first even better support your local Hifi shop and have a demo with them .

Take your amp with you that way you will know your amp is suited to the speakers and some CDs

I stand by what I say about Dali speakers they make some really nice speakers and they make meany different types of speakers and made to a high standard too . I love my opticon 8s I liked the 6s too it's just a matter of matching your amp with a set of good speakers that suit your ears and no one else's .

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Why? And are you compared them with Tannoy? Still a difficult decision. They are all good speakers. The Dali Zensor 7 a little warm sounding what was nice with metal. The Tannoy sounded lively and better voices. Q acoustics; don't know.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts