Tannoy XT6f; Terrible bright!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
MajorFubar said:
Could it even be because a lot of speakers at the more affordable price points are built in overseas markets such as China, and their tonal preferences are markedly different to ours?
WHAT?!! You mean people aren't choosing accuracy over preference on a global scale?!! Whatever next?!!
:) Shocking isn't it

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
loneranger said:
For metal at normale listening niveau, q acoustics 3050 or concept 40? The monitor audio looks better.
The concept 40's are much tighter in the bass, but not as warm sounding as the 3050's. The 40's could be more accommodating when it comes to placement.

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The two you mention wouldn't be my first choice if your opionions about the Tannoys are anything to go on. I would be looking at warmer sounding speakers and makes. What is your actual budget? as there is a big diff. In price between the opticon 5 and Focals you mention. What about the wharfedale reva 4, Epos k3, Dynaudio Emit 30, Monitor audio silver 10

rainsoothe

Blackdawn said:
The two you mention wouldn't be my first choice if your opionions about the Tannoys are anything to go on. I would be looking at warmer sounding speakers and makes. What is your actual budget? as there is a big diff. In price between the opticon 5 and Focals you mention. What about the wharfedale reva 4, Epos k3, Dynaudio Emit 30, Monitor audio silver 10

The Aria range from Focal is very smooth sounding in the highs, but still retains an open and relaxed character. But I'll second the monitor audio silver range and, if Wharfedale Jade is anything to go by, the Revas. Can't comment on the Dynaudios. But op, do add Wharfedale Jade to your list (even the Jade 3 standmounts sound really huge and are capable of punchy bass - they aren't small speakers).

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
loneranger said:
I Hope soon Listen to a Dalí opticon 5 and a focal aria 926

just keep demoing and I'm sure you will find the right speakers eventually. I had the Exposure 3010SD2 on home demo back in June and with my Rega RS5 speakers - there was no hint of brightness or fatigue whatsover. A lovely amp that deserves the right speakers!

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I read a review from someone about the Dali opticon 6. He found it on the bright side with very lively treble. Brighter than Tannoy xt6f?

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
In the end it is down to whether you like the sound and if it gels with your other equipment and room. There are plenty of floorstanders priced between 1000 - 1500 pounds, so it is just a matter of auditioning some and deciding based on your taste.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts