New Tannoy XT6f, Dali Zensor 7 or second hand Monitor Audio RX6

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I can buy a new Tannoy XT6f for 1000,-- Euro. Or a second hand (like new) MA RX6 for 525,-- Euro. Both good speakers. But what is the best buy with my musiv, mostly (older)rock and current (symfonic) Metal. My amp is a Exposure 3010S2, alsp bought second hand at a dealer.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
loneranger said:
I can buy a new Tannoy XT6f for 1000,-- Euro. Or a second hand (like new) MA RX6 for 525,-- Euro. Both good speakers. But what is the best buy with my musiv, mostly (older)rock and current (symfonic) Metal. My amp is a Exposure 3010S2, alsp bought second hand at a dealer.

If this is not a wind up post id go for the tannoy

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
You think the Tannoy for 1000,-- is a better buy than the second hand MA RX6? I was at a dealer who thinks for my music MA is very good.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
loneranger said:
It's the MA or Tannoy. But isn't the MA RX6 warmer sounding then the Tannoy? Too bad the Tannoy isn't in black.

Only my opinion of course but monitor audio are ****. You have a good amp, give it good speakers. I def would go tannoy imo between the 2.
Have you tested the speakers yourself?

The sound of rx6 is difficult to describe and i would not call in warm.
Ive tested the rx6 monitor audio in about 3 different hifi shops over the years and in isolation they sound fine but when you swap over to another make they sound wrong or unatural when you switch back.

Some people really like them though so there is no wrong/right answer . Only you can decide. Dont let me or anyone else change your mind. I know its easy reading on the interent forums to be influenced.

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your answers. I've heard yesterday the newer silver 6. Not convinced. The dealer who sells the Tannoy XT6f also sells a Tannoy precision 6.2 from August 2015 for 1000,-- Euro. Looks beautiful, but not heard. Also seems a little big.

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
The dealer who sells the Tannoy XT6f will very soon also sells Q acoustics. I read here very good things about this brand. But better than Tannoy with rock and metal?

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
And the price is good for a brandnew Tannoy. And a good match with my Exposure amp.

Some people say; go listen to a Dali Zensor 7 or Opticon 5 or 6. But that is by a dealer far from me ago and else and also more expensive.

loneranger

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Someone told me you must hear the Dali Zensor 7. Much better for metal than the Tannoy who are on the bright side and too lean. Next week i will hear the Dali and then i will decide what to buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts