Dali Mentor Menuet vs Neat iota?

womble72

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Both are similar size but which one is best? I know there is only one way to find out but I thought I would ask here first. Will be hooked up to a marantz 603, 2x3m room with reflective surfaces (wooden floors, not too much soft furnishings etc)

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't bother what I or anyone else thinks, you have your decision down to 2 speakers and there is only one way to determine the best to your ears and you know what that is......

Skov

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I agree - You have to audition, but if it is not possible, I woud recommend the Dalis - they are very natural and sweet sounding. They sound very good mounted on the wall with the original brackets. This is cheeper than buying stands for them.

Good luck with Your choice !

Bradley747

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I had the same question, and after extensive research, I concluded that as the dali speakers are 4 ohm and the mcr603 is rated between 6-8ohms, the mcr603 will just not be able to drive them effectively, therefore negating any benefits they may have. All responses I got, pointed to the neat IOTAs as a much better suited combination...

womble72

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
And this is why it's always good to ask questions on here, I would never have thought about ohms and amplifier compatibility etc. If the Dalis would be a difficult drive compared to the Neats then I should really stick with my instincts and go listen to the Neats. :)

Bradley747

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Singslinger,

i agree the dali may sound good, but it doesn't really help the op unless you give some more detail...ie what amplifier? Room size?

My experience is based on communication with bob at Neat, who kindly advise me on this issue a few weeks back...

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Bradley747 said:
Singslinger,

i agree the dali may sound good, but it doesn't really help the op unless you give some more detail...ie what amplifier? Room size?

My experience is based on communication with bob at Neat, who kindly advise me on this issue a few weeks back...

Yes you're right, my apologies for a hurried reply.

I heard the Dalis in a very small room driven by a NAD integrated, I think it was the 326BEE, with a Musical fidelity M3i cd player. I was sat very close to the speakers, maybe 4 feet away.

Hope this helps! :cheers:

Chaloff

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi womble72,

At the time I was seeking for my shelf speakers before stopping at CM1s I had chance to audition Iotas in a retailer's room of about 6x9 m with NAD 356 amp and NAD 546 CDP. I was really amazed by their performance. These babies produced the sound very similar to their bigger competitors of same price range. And they were never lost in that big salon. I did not take them as for me they sounded very neutral and chose CM's for more upper bass and drive. Actually the Iotas sounded “more hi-fi”.

I am in a hurry to note that I perfectly realize the space was far from yours 2x3 and the set up was different. This probably can help you if you think about future changes and will probably move the set-up to a bigger room. Will be no problem for them.

Good luck!

Andrew

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts