DALI Katch g2 (and VS g1)

danielgregori

Jul 13, 2021
Visit site
Hey, guys! I have a beautiful DALI Katch, which I really like. I upgraded it, and the sound became fantastic. I bought a hi-end cable from a local master, bought a hi-res player with two dacs on board (I chose for a long time and found the most suitable for Dali to my ear), and I connect it via the 3.5 Jack input. I also connect the Dali by wire to the power supply, and the sound becomes more powerful with the attack. Of course, it becomes less portable, but nothing prevents it from being used as a Bluetooth speaker. However, now there is still no such compact device that you can take with you (even with a charging wire and a player + cable) and quickly deploy the system anywhere. And the sound is obtained almost at the level of small hi-fi shelf speakers. If someone has not tried to connect their hi-res player to Dali using a good cable, be sure to try it.

By virtue of all that has been said, I have a question, has anyone listened to the new generation of Dali Katch g2? Is there a big difference in the sound with the first generation? Especially if you connect the player via cable, and not use a wireless connection?? (it is clear that wireless will be better in the g2 version)

I would agree with your observations regarding the original Katch as I have one myself and play my A&K Norma SR25 through it. I have not heard the latest version but would not expect a huge leap in sound quality although it does have newly designed drivers so could be wrong, it is unlikely Dali would move too far away from the sound of the award winning original though.
I do notice, if you have the money, you can now connect two devices as a stereo pair.

Last edited:

danielgregori

Jul 13, 2021
Visit site
Yes, I agree. And I would still really like to compare g2 and g1. They promise to bring it to our country in mid-September, I will definitely make a comparison. If someone can listen earlier, please write to this topic 🙏

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. But I would still really like to compare g2 and g1. They promise to bring it to our country in mid-September, I will definitely make a comparison. If someone can listen earlier, please write to this topic 🙏
I guess it's one of those items you are really going to have to audition for yourself whenever you can. I will not be buying one as don't use wireless, don't need a stereo pair, and an more than happy with sound of the original.

Alex@nder

Sep 4, 2022
Visit site
Hey, guys! I have a beautiful DALI Katch, which I really like. I upgraded it, and the sound became fantastic. I bought a hi-end cable from a local master, bought a hi-res player with two dacs on board (I chose for a long time and found the most suitable for Dali to my ear), and I connect it via the 3.5 Jack input. I also connect the Dali by wire to the power supply, and the sound becomes more powerful with the attack. Of course, it becomes less portable, but nothing prevents it from being used as a Bluetooth speaker. However, now there is still no such compact device that you can take with you (even with a charging wire and a player + cable) and quickly deploy the system anywhere. And the sound is obtained almost at the level of small hi-fi shelf speakers. If someone has not tried to connect their hi-res player to Dali using a good cable, be sure to try it.

By virtue of all that has been said, I have a question, has anyone listened to the new generation of Dali Katch g2? Is there a big difference in the sound with the first generation? Especially if you connect the player via cable, and not use a wireless connection?? (it is clear that wireless will be better in the g2 version)

Hey, hope you enjoying your setup. Could you please advise how interconnect cable should look like? I did a simple wring diagram, could you validate?

Attachments

• Wired Stereo - DALI KATCH.jpg
    Wired Stereo - DALI KATCH.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 7
Hey, hope you enjoying your setup. Could you please advise how interconnect cable should look like? I did a simple wring diagram, could you validate?
No need for that...
See below:-
WIRELESS STEREO
By using two DALI KATCH G2 units, it is possible to form a wireless dedicated left/right stereo pair using Bluetooth between the units and as the source input. The connection uses one DALI KATCH G2 as the primary and the other DALI KATCH G2 as a secondary unit. The true wireless stereo mode has several advantages: Besides adding true stereo imaging, the extra drivers working together will deliver a significantly higher undistorted sound pressure and even improve the bass quality and extension. Perfect for when the party spreads from the living room to the kitchen!

danielgregori

Jul 13, 2021
Visit site
Yes, as the person below said, the Dali Katch g2 only connects wirelessly. As far as I know, it is impossible to connect them by wire in the usual way ... Or are you talking about a cable to connect an external source to ONE speaker? Then any 3.5-3.5 cable with a good braid to shield possible noise will do it

Last edited:

danielgregori

Jul 13, 2021
Visit site
However, I would like to add that I have noticed that the more expensive hi-res player is playing from, the better the sound from Dali. Even on the bluetooth, I hear the characteristic handwriting of this or that player. I conducted a blind test and was able to determine where which player, i.e. the difference is really noticeable. I probably wouldn't buy a player just for these speakers, as a good player can cost several thousand dollars. However, if you listen to headphones and want to buy a good dap, keep in mind that it will work great for Dali Katch too =))

Alex@nder

Sep 4, 2022
Visit site
No need for that...
See below:-
WIRELESS STEREO
By using two DALI KATCH G2 units, it is possible to form a wireless dedicated left/right stereo pair using Bluetooth between the units and as the source input. The connection uses one DALI KATCH G2 as the primary and the other DALI KATCH G2 as a secondary unit. The true wireless stereo mode has several advantages: Besides adding true stereo imaging, the extra drivers working together will deliver a significantly higher undistorted sound pressure and even improve the bass quality and extension. Perfect for when the party spreads from the living room to the kitchen!
I have G1 and the idea is to use them wired to good DAC in stereo. BTW G1 also support wireless stereo but it is not TWS.

I have G1 and the idea is to use them wired to good DAC in stereo. BTW G1 also support wireless stereo but it is not TWS.
Yes, apparently they can.
" By using two DALI KATCH it is possible to form a wireless dedicated
left/right stereo pair using Bluetooth™ between the units and as the
source input.
The connection uses one DALI KATCH as the master and the other
DALI KATCH as a slave unit.
The left/right stereo pair mode has several advantages: Besides
adding true stereo imaging, the extra drivers working together will
deliver a significantly higher undistorted sound pressure and even
improve the bass quality and extension. "

This is fine assuming you will only be using Bluetooth as a source

danielgregori

Jul 13, 2021
Visit site
Unfortunately, at least the G2s cannot be wired via cable with an external DAC and connected to a TWS at the same time. You need to check exactly if the G1 can connect in stereo and take a source from a DAC connected not via bluetooth, but via cable. Again, G2 DEFINITELY can't do that...Its 100%. I wanted to do it myself, but alas...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts