Dali Ikon trade in action, bye kef reference?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I had the pleasure to enjoy my Kef reference two since 1999 and I coupled them up with the Kef RDM ones as rear and a kef 100 center speaker .I always have liked them but they do lean a bit to the bass have side and a bit more speed would be welcome.

Right now I can sell the Kef Reference Two for 400 pounds if I buy the Ikon 7 and I can trade in the RDM one rears for 200 pounds if I buy something from the Dali Ikon stable.

What do you think? I listened to the Dali's and they are indeed faster. Secondally, due to the economical reality my long dream of upgrading to spendors a6 or pmc's is 'difficult' :)

Bram

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I think you should keep saving and buy the speakers your really want. If the KEFS are worth 400 pounds now, they will still be worth 400 in a year. I also think that while the Dalis are fine speakers, it's probably not a step up from the KEFS and might be a step down.

If you can live with less bass, have you considered spendor or pmc stand mount speakers? That would save you a lot of money. Go listen to the TB2is.

A

Anonymous

Hello Jax,

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion, I think you're right.

Thing is that here in Belgium Spendor and PMC are not that widely distributed.

Bram

TRENDING THREADS