Dali IKON 6 Vs DynAudio Audience 62

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
You know about it. I asked about Dali IKONs sometime ago. I was almost certain to buy it, excepting that the dealer doesn't have IKON 6, which I wanted, Vs. IKON 5 he is offering me. It seems I am really out of luck. Anyway, as the matters stand now. He is offering me DynAudio Audience 62 for the same price as IKON 6. Do you think Audience 62 would be overall better than IKON 6 both mated with respectively matching amps? Or is the dealer trying to sell me what he has?

Then, I was targetting to use IKONs with a Rotel RC 06 + RRB 06 or RA 1070. Now that I am not gonna get an IKON but an Audience, do you think this would be a good match? I am apprehensive because of DynAudio's reputation of being difficult-to-drive loudspeakers with impedance ranging between 3-11 Ohms. So my question is - What should I get with DynAudio Audience 62? I would later be upgrading my CDP to match with rest of the system, so that's not a concern as of now.

TIA!!

A

Anonymous

I've heard the audience range and I have to say i thought they sounded a little dead. I can heartily recommend the Ikon 6, I bought them and they're great.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Will. Its good to hear from others because without critical listening and A/B test, it becomes hard to know. I appreciate.

A

Anonymous

Ah! Not an option for me.

Will, do you remember what was driving the Audiences where you demoed them?

A

Anonymous

I think it was a Denon AVC A1XD or something. Basically top of the range Denon AV amp. Wasn't hugely impressed at the time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts