Dali Helicon 400 Mk. 2 vs Opticon 8 Mk. 2

blckmag

Mar 17, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

I would be interested in which one sound the best, mostly for music, precisely rock music (classic mostly Pink Floyd) ? I have an offer for both (same price, one is brand new, the other SH) .
I can't find Frequency response curves for Opticon 8 Mk. 2, but the Helicon looks pretty good.

Thank you for your time and input!

Hello,

I would be interested in which one sound the best, mostly for music, precisely rock music (classic mostly Pink Floyd) ? I have an offer for both (same price, one is brand new, the other SH) .
I can't find Frequency response curves for Opticon 8 Mk. 2, but the Helicon looks pretty good.

Thank you for your time and input!
Welcome to the forum,
Can you get to audition them?
Do so if you can because nobody here can tell you which sound the best.
In theory you might say it has to be the Helicon, but that's only because it's a £4500 speaker against the £2600 Opticon, however it doesn't always work out this way.

Hello,

I was hoping somebody did it already.
No, especially with Corona and add to that 800km's to travel.. no chance.

Thanks
That was my poinnt in a way, if you are going to spend this much on speakers you should wait until you can audition them........
However, if the Helicons are in good condition I would be buying these as, if for some reason you do not like them you are unlikely to lose money by selling them on.

blckmag

Mar 17, 2021
Visit site
That was my poinnt in a way, if you are going to spend this much on speakers you should wait until you can audition them........

Well, the Opticon's I have an offer for New, at 2 500 and the Helicon Used for 2 500.

Based on what people say, Helicon is above Opticon, as it was by default a higher fidelity speaker. However, I am interested mostly for music, as I stated (Pink Floyd is my main go to when I do) .

Thanks

blckmag

Mar 17, 2021
Visit site
Your nearest dealer is 400km away??

No, the nearest dealer that wants to sell them to me at a good price (new) , the Opticon's Mk. 2, is like 250km' s away. The SH one, used, is like 800 km (one trip) .

We know nothing about your hifi set-up.
Do you have a room big enough and a suitable amplifier to make the most of these speakers?
Are the Helicons from a dealer or a private sale?

I kept saving up for years for speakers and spent it on something else (headphones) , I said to try to gradually grow it.
I have a HK970, which I want to change with OTL.

I want first the speakers.

Room right now is 20 m^2 , but in the future, I will plant them in the living room, which is ~ 40 m^2.

All the best

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts