Daisey chain Airport Express.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Is this possible?

Having a pair of AE's and stream audio from PC simultaneously too any 2 pairs of speaker that will accept the AE like the Audio Engine 5 for example.

Or would it have to be a hack..

smiley-undecided.gif

A

Anonymous

From iTunes, I can stream to any and all of my three Airport Expresses (or should that be Airports Express?!!) simultaneously and control volumes independently too.

I can also do so from direct my iPhone (as well as control streaming from my laptop's iTunes library using the free "iTunes Remote" app).

AND with the new iOS (4.3?) and iTunes10.2 (still downloading) you can stream from iTunes direct to any iPod/iPad/iPhone/AppleTV, so if you have a stereo with an iPod dock, you could effectively use your iPod as another Airport Express and stream to that too. Given that am sure many more people have an iPod dock than an AE, it could really increase the number of people who get into wireless streaming...

The update allows you to stream movies too, which could be great - although am wondering how long it will be before the OH drops iPhone in bath while streaming some chick flick! ;-)

A

Anonymous

Update: Just finished updating iTunes, now watching an iTunes movie streaming from laptop upstairs to iPhone, with audio streaming to airport express simultaneously. No stuttering and good sync between audio and video, even off my old 802.11G laptop.

Excuse my inner geek showing, but I think this is an awesome (and totally free!) leap forward in capability. All I need now is speakers in the bathroom ceiling and a waterproof/floating iPad and I'll be set!
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS