DAC Magic silent when laptop connected to USB input

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I connected my Macbook to the DAC Magic via the USB input. The USB input is selected on the DAC Magic and the 44.1 indicator lights up to indicate that it recognizes the signal. but no sound comes out via both xlr and rca outputs! It does work however when i use an optical cable. I disconnected the usb cable from the dac magic and connected it to another device and hey presto, it works. Anyone knows why this is happening and can you please suggest a solution?

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:System preferences/Sound/output - select "C-Media USB Headphone Set" I think...
I am running two DACs at the moment, the Beresford works via usb (i selected USB codec in System preferences/Sound/output ) but there's not a peep coming out of the DAC Magic. Please help!

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Do you have them both plugged in, and what options do you have in System preferences/Sound/output?
I selected 'USB audio codec' in preferences/Sound/output.
both DACs are connected to the two usb outputs simultaneously. i swapped outputs and cables and even tried to connect the Beresford and dac magic one at a time. in all combinations, the Beresford outputs the music when connected to usb and dac magic doesn't.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:(I'd plug mine into my Macbook, but it's upstairs in bed with my wife)

See what happens when you spend too much time on these forums?

John Duncan

tractorboy:JohnDuncan:(I'd plug mine into my Macbook, but it's upstairs in bed with my wife)

See what happens when you spend too much time on these forums?

Tish boom
emotion-2.gif

idc

tractorboy:JohnDuncan:(I'd plug mine into my Macbook, but it's upstairs in bed with my wife) See what happens when you spend too much time on these forums?

...and JD's wife's user name is debt_collector and this is the only way she can communicate with him to see all is well.....

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:And you don't get the 'headphone'-named thingie? Do you have an optical cable, to make sure the DM's actually working? (edit - yes you do)
dac magic worked with an optical cable and now is also working with a usb cable! i tried to set output to "C-Media USB Headphone Set" and it started working. it didn't work when output was set to usb audio codec. the beresford worked when output connected to usb audio codec but not when output set to "C-Media USB Headphone Set". i thought they'd both work on the same setting? someone please explain 0-:

A

Anonymous

idc:
tractorboy:JohnDuncan:(I'd plug mine into my Macbook, but it's upstairs in bed with my wife) See what happens when you spend too much time on these forums?

...and JD's wife's user name is debt_collector and this is the only way she can communicate with him to see all is well.....

now now....

idc

debt_collector:idc:

now now....

Sorry (disclaimer in my bio), I thought you were offline, damn
emotion-13.gif

John Duncan

debt_collector:JohnDuncan:And you don't get the 'headphone'-named thingie? Do you have an optical cable, to make sure the DM's actually working? (edit - yes you do)
dac magic worked with an optical cable and now is also working with a usb cable! i tried to set output to "C-Media USB Headphone Set" and it started working. it didn't work when output was set to usb audio codec. the beresford worked when output connected to usb audio codec but not when output set to "C-Media USB Headphone Set". i thought they'd both work on the same setting? someone please explain 0-:

See, I told you! They might both be DACs, but they clearly need different output drivers. So now you can do a comparison review...(hint: "let the DM win"
emotion-2.gif
)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts