DAB AV receiver recommendation needed

b33k34

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
DAB seems common on micro and portable radios but still rare on AV receviers. Airplay/network features nice to have but not essential as will have an Apple TV connected.

At the moment i've narrowed it down to the Yamaha RX-V500D or the Rxs600d which looks exactly the same but smaller and more expensive.

Are there any other viable options? Doesn't need to be particularly powerful (this is for a second room) and will not be running more than 5 speakers

mr malarky

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
If the receiver has network capability then you shouldn't need DAB, you should just be able to use internet radio instead (which is what I use for both my kitchen and bedroom systems).

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
[edited] .... just saw your original post reference to the AV receiver below ... :doh:

Yamama RX-S600-D

8BF8EB5367704E08940BB4B450932FC9_12073.jpg

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
You can't go too far wrong with the Yamaha RX-V675 receiver (this has network capability) as this works extremely well on internet radio / streaming etc, so as per the previous posts, no need for DAB on board.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
You can't go too far wrong with the Yamaha RX-V675 receiver (this has network capability) as this works extremely well on internet radio / streaming etc, so as per the previous posts, no need for DAB on board.

b33k34

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Re: Internet Streams - we relied on internet radio in the last house (using squeezeboxes and directly on a mac in one room). Never found it very satisfactory - the often very different delays between rooms, occaisional buffering despite a very good broadband connection. The *main* irritation though was simply the complex process for switching on a device and getting to a station. The joy of radio used to be to switch on and get music straight away. DAB gives you that, even if the absolute sound quality suffers a little.

This is for a kitchen so will be background noise as well. I've gone for the Yamaha 500 rather than the 600 as there are physical buttons on the amp to change radio preset whereas there aren't on the 600. On offer from Peter Tyson Outlet as well so a significant amount cheaper.

The "shortcut" buttons on the front look useful as well - switch on and to an input and audio setting in a single button press.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts