DAB (and preferably Airplay) mini system recommendation

b33k34

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I've a fairly specific list of features -

DAB (Want to listen to 6Music and I've spent years with Internet radio and want the convenience of DAB- much better)

Airplay (yes, can be added with an airport express but better built in)

2 sets of speaker terminals OR line out (so I can add a small digital amp for a second set) - needs to run sound to bedroom and bathroom via ceiling speakers.

Should also have a decent volume knob - I can't be dealing with buttons for volume.

So far the closest I've got is the Marantz M-CR610 (or the older 603 for less money) but it lacks the volume control

Anything that ticks all the boxes?

ela-ted

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I had similar criteria - I think it’s a great shame that the volume knob is displaced on many units. That said however, I bought an M-CR610 a few weeks ago and have been very pleased with it. The up and down buttons for volume are quite subtle in graduation, so there are no big jumps in volume. Although the case is plastic, its not noticeable on a shelf, and all the controls are in spun aluminium with a nice tactile feel. Airplay works a treat, as does dab and fm and internet radio. Oh, and it also sounds excellent - its all very good indeeed!

b33k34

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
So I ended up dropping the Airplay requirement as it will be in the office along with a Mac and I can cable the output from there.

Settled on the Teac CRH260i DAB on offer in Richer Sounds. Has a couple of inputs, a line level output and a physical volume control. No airplay but does Bluetooth streaming as a fall back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts