Cyrus CD8SE vs CDXT SE+/DAC X+...?

krolikgena

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, i would like to know your opinion how this 2 setups compare.. does the transport/dac make a huge difference? unfortunately i cannot go and hear for myself and will order online.

Thanks

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I have a mainly Cyrus setup. Both are lovely sources but... do you see CDs as the future? I wonder if you would consider focusing on the DAC and using a Mac Mini or similar as a source. The DACX+ is a good DAC but there are comparable if not better for the money - not that you would be disappointed!

Just my 2 cents.

A

Anonymous

I have CD8x but recently bought DACXP+ so I'm now only using CD8x as transport. There is a big improvement in sound but the rest of system has to be up to it. Of course there are lots of other DACs on the market but DACXP+ is an excellent DAC/pre combination.

You should consider other DACs if you are looking for USB connection. The DACX(P)+ is sensitive to jitter so if you have a high jitter source other DACs are better.

If you want to stick to Cyrus, I would start with DACX+ or DACXP+ as I think DAC is more important. The CDXTSE+ is a better transport than CD8SE but you can always upgrade later.

krolikgena

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, at least for me CD's are still the future.. a bit old fashion, but that's what i like. i wonder how much better sounds cdxt se/dac x (xp) than cd8se? it costs over 2 times as much, but does it exceeds as much in performance?

krolikgena

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
i mean if take 8se, then use it as a CD player, not transport. and to pair it with something like 8 xp or pre/power combination.

or to take transport/dac xp/power amp.. has anybody made a direct comparison?

or just share your thoughts!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts