Cyrus CD Player Upgrade Rip Off

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

professorhat:matthewpiano:Today, for example, I had a customer who couldn't understand why I wouldn't sell them an item at a price which would have made a loss. That sort of sale is pointless.
This reminds me of when I worked for a finance company a long, long time ago and someone phoned up saying there were getting a 0% interest free credit deal when buying their car and wanted to see if I could beat that deal.
"What, so you're asking if you can borrow some money from us, then pay back less than you borrowed over a period of 5 years?" I asked. They didn't seem to understand why we couldn't help them.

That's because we have become a Nation of people who are used to getting everything they want but don't like paying for it. The current mess we are in is partly as a result of this lack of understanding and fuelled by a desire to have things without thinking of the consequences. Also I am afraid some banks, credit card and loan suppliers have pandered to this and lent people money who shouldn't have been offered a light - let alone money they have no ability (and sometimes intention) to replay. Never mind though - the hard working tax payer will bail them out.

Oh dear I seem to have drifted off topic.

A

Anonymous

I'm sorry Grimaldi nobody likes to miss a bargain which this £300 offer was....but the new price I just cannot see as a rip off....at least some people who voted with their feet promptly were served and from what I have heard cyrus have honored the initial offer.

The idea that somebody would sell all their cyrus equipment over this is laughable and I have to say some on here would kill for equipment you already have let alone the small increase in performance you are now appear so upset about.

However....as you are really upset can I have first bagseee on your Dacxp +monoblocks.......or is this just all hot air?

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
does this mean a huge flood cyrus kit is coming on the auction sites........

it will be going cheap then with so much being sold....

still i wouldnt buy it....as my opinion on cyrus looks is known :)

A

Anonymous

timwileman:does this mean a huge flood cyrus kit is coming on the auction sites........

it will be going cheap then with so much being sold....

still i wouldnt buy it....as my opinion on cyrus looks is known :)

Am sure they'll be falling on their swords in the Cyrus boardroom to hear that.

A

Anonymous

timwileman:jeeze i apolgise for expressing an opinion....well actually i apologise for not stating my opinion as i actually didnt!

We all have the option of buying or not buying based on 1000's of reasons - most of them personal. I've just never understood why people want to tell other people why they personally don't like something. I'm not on a crusade against you old boy - just people who seem to be using this thread as a Cyrus kicking contest.

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
not me, my opinion is someone made an error on the upgrade cost (prob lost their job too so its not funny) and now cyrus have to put up these types of threads....just my opinion...

but i was making a jokey comment about the looks of the cyrus kit.... hey i love the roksan stuff and just about everyone bashes their looks!

A

Anonymous

Rev:I'm not on a crusade against you old boy - just people who seem to be using this thread as a Cyrus kicking contest.

I love my Cyrus kit and will not be selling it (sunk too much into it for a start!) but some of the sentimental attachment I have for it is no doubt gone. I haven't been able to bring myself to spin a disc since I found out about this ... it has really got me down.

Some of you think its unreasonable but at the end of the day it all comes down to personal feelings and I and many other Cyrus owners who wanted to upgrade (and bought their CD8X with that knowledge) simply feel let down and will find it difficult to trust the company again.

A

Anonymous

I'm with Grimaldi with this issue.

Not going to go into detail with the debate around manufactures/dealers etc.

This is purely a matter of principle.

A

Anonymous

Anyone fancy a pint? I need one after reading the entire thread....

The round is on me....

A

Anonymous

Graham_Thomas:Anyone fancy a pint? I need one after reading the entire thread....

The round is on me....
I'd love one!

A

Anonymous

Rev:Graham_Thomas:Anyone fancy a pint? I need one after reading the entire thread....

The round is on me....
I'd love one!

What will it be then?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts