Cyrus Upgrade advice - Amp and CD Player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I will probably be taking advantage of the current offer from Cyrus to upgrade my current amp, an 8vs2 to 8 XPd and also upgrade my CD8x to an 8SE at the same time. I will use them with my existing speakers, Spendor S5e's. Would anyone who has heard this new kit be able to advise if I should hear a significant difference in quality and also should I pair my current PSX-R power supply with the amp or cd player for best effect.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Even if someone gave glowing reports about the new kit, I would still recommend taking your existing gear to a dealer to do a comparison.

The improvements may not be to your taste (hearing).

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
I can speak for the 8X to the 8SE, is a big difference and there has been no one who opposed this move. I would suspect you would be getting a whole new around sound with the new amp as well. If it is as good as the 8X to the SE then it's well worth it get the upgrade on the amp as well

A

Anonymous

iirc, the principle upgrade from the 8vs2 to the new amp is the addition of a DAC, which is the same DAC as in the CD6SE, more toys (LCD display, multi-room support, USB input), and a small uprating of the power output. Unless you are going to use the DAC for other purposes, it's probably not worth upgrading the amp on that basis. Have a listen first!

A

Anonymous

Couldnt agree more. The amount they want for the "upgrade" is to much. I would get the cd8se and another psx-r. If you have a bit of cash spare, and room, add an 8 power or an x power and bi-amp, it will give a much better sound.

A

Anonymous

I would add though that the 8SE is a fantastic piece of kit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts