Cyrus 6xp cd6se speaker choice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Being new to the forum I would to say hello to everyone.

Today I auditioned several speakers to go with my Cyrus system, namely spendor a6, bw cm9, bw pm1 stand mount .

I found the spendor very natural great imaging and timing

The bw floorstading cm9 big on bass quite forward and bags of dynamics

The real shock came from the little pm1 standmounters OMG these speakers are amazing for there size, imaging, timing, fluid , bass extension is awesome for its size. I say this very carefully, it made the spendors a little dull in comparison, to my ears and the cm9 sounded less refined than the pm,s.

Now if i'de never heard the pm,s I would of been very happy to of brought either of the other speakers no questions.

Has anyone else had a listen to these great little speakers with the Cyrus gear.

Now I just need to figure out how to get £2400 speakers by the misses!!! Any ideas greatly received .

poldo

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
they are fantastic speakers but their is much more to demo. I you like a standmount speaker like the B&W I would suggest the Sonus Faber Liuto monitor.

But I don't know if the Cyrus amp can handle them, I demoed them on Luxman amp and it was very good. Audiovector is also very nice.

A

Anonymous

I demo'd the PM1's A LOT to go with my Cyrus system below but ended up for the M/A GX100's as I felt their overall soundstage was better balanced for my taste in music

REALLY liked the PM1's as well but they didnt handle electronica and rock/metal music as well as the GX100's did..

wbarr

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Also audition the PMC Twenty.21s or 22s. I have the former attached to the 6XP/SE2 combo and the sound is stunning. All the descriptors you use of the PM can easily be applied to the 21s.

Jibby said:
Being new to the forum I would to say hello to everyone.

Today I auditioned several speakers to go with my Cyrus system, namely spendor a6, bw cm9, bw pm1 stand mount .

I found the spendor very natural great imaging and timing

The bw floorstading cm9 big on bass quite forward and bags of dynamics

The real shock came from the little pm1 standmounters OMG these speakers are amazing for there size, imaging, timing, fluid , bass extension is awesome for its size. I say this very carefully, it made the spendors a little dull in comparison, to my ears and the cm9 sounded less refined than the pm,s.

Now if i'de never heard the pm,s I would of been very happy to of brought either of the other speakers no questions.

Has anyone else had a listen to these great little speakers with the Cyrus gear.

Now I just need to figure out how to get £2400 speakers by the misses!!! Any ideas greatly received .

Mmmm, you could have a problem as the Cyrus 6 is fairly low powered. I heard the PM1s with the 8XPD and 8SE CDP and sounded really good. At the same time the GX100s really did give the whole soundstage a kick up the posterior. However, my choice would be (another spanner in the works) Totem Arro. Not heard them with Cyrus but tonal qualities would lend themselves nicely to the newer Cyrus range. Certainly worth checking out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts