Cyrus 6xp, but what speakers?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hiya folks,

I've recently got my hands on a very well priced Cyrus 6xp. Now I'm on the hunt for the right speakers. I listen to a large selection of different music styles.

My considerations so far - Monitor Audio RX2 - Kef Q300 - B&W 685. But what else to consider?? I've got around 500quid to spend. I'm drawn towards the Monitor Audio's and the Kef's, I've heard them briefly. I'd like others' opinion's upon how these speakers would bode with the amp. Where would you look, if considering a speaker pairing with the 6xp? I'm using a beresford caiman dac as a source.

I have searched the forum for previous posts, but it keeps throwing up an error msg.

Thanks ever so for your advice in advance.

Joe

Mrsalty:
Hiya folks,

I've recently got my hands on a very well priced Cyrus 6xp. Now I'm on the hunt for the right speakers. I listen to a large selection of different music styles.

My considerations so far - Monitor Audio RX2 - Kef Q300 - B&W 685. But what else to consider?? I've got around 500quid to spend. I'm drawn towards the Monitor Audio's and the Kef's, I've heard them briefly. I'd like others' opinion's upon how these speakers would bode with the amp. Where would you look, if considering a speaker pairing with the 6xp? I'm using a beresford caiman dac as a source.

I have searched the forum for previous posts, but it keeps throwing up an error msg.

Joe

Hi Joe

Dynaudio's DM 2/6, DM 2/7 and ATC's SCM7 monitors are also worth considering.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Mrsalty:
Hiya folks,

Joe

What speakers are you using at the moment? And what sort of volume do you normally listen at?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the welcome and your replies, I'll look into the suggested speakers.

David, it just so happens that it was your shop I purchased the amp from. Christmas eve, I'm not sure if you were there, I came in with my girlfriend, Mauro helped me out.

I would say I generally listen at medium volume levels, in a small flat. I've got them hooked up to some old Whalfdale Diamond's as a termpory measure, as its all ive got. What do you think about the Q300s on the Cyrus? Would that work? Or should I maybe look at the ATC root or Spendor? Have you heard the ATC's SCM7 on Cyrus kit?

I know people say hifi is a personal thing, but when you have had little experience at comparing equipment, it can be very difficult to appreciate the difference when pushed in a listening/shop experience. What would you say is suitable? I'm down in kent at the moment, so am unable to come over the shop to take a listen.

Cheers,

Joe

PS Could you ask Mauro if there is any news on the missing remote.

AudioPlaya

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
As previously mentioned... Dynaudio / Spendor / ATC
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thankyou. I've just taken a look at the Dynaudio DM 2/6, which look great. But as we know, its how they sound that matters. So I'll have to take an audition. I'm hoping they will be 6xp suitable, I've read good things so far, but mainly from Naim owners.

Mrsalty:

Thanks for the welcome and your replies, I'll look into the suggested speakers.

David, it just so happens that it was your shop I purchased the amp from. Christmas eve, I'm not sure if you were there, I came in with my girlfriend, Mauro helped me out.

I would say I generally listen at medium volume levels, in a small flat. I've got them hooked up to some old Whalfdale Diamond's as a termpory measure, as its all ive got. What do you think about the Q300s on the Cyrus? Would that work? Or should I maybe look at the ATC root or Spendor? Have you heard the ATC's SCM7 on Cyrus kit?

I know people say hifi is a personal thing, but when you have had little experience at comparing equipment, it can be very difficult to appreciate the difference when pushed in a listening/shop experience. What would you say is suitable? I'm down in kent at the moment, so am unable to come over the shop to take a listen.

Cheers,

Joe

PS Could you ask Mauro if there is any news on the missing remote.

If your flat isn't that big and you play music low-medium I would suggest the ATCs can be bettered. Likewise, if you need to place the speakers close to the wall, that'll pretty much rule out the Dyns. A good alternative would Epos M12s or EB Acoustics EB1s.

Only a thorough audition will whittle down the chaff. All the aforementioned speakers are superb....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts