Best speakers for Cyrus 6XP

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Speakers that i liked and that worked well in this location were:

Proac Tablette Ref 8 Sig (rear ported)

Monitor Audio GS10 (rear ported)

KEF Q300 (front ported)

Dynaudio Excite X12 (rear ported)

Dali Mentor Menuet and Mentor 1 (rear ported)

Piega Premium 1 (rear ported)

Monitor Audio BX2 (front ported)

Speakers i tested in this location that did not work well:

Monitor Audio RX1 (rear ported)

B&W CM5 (rear ported)

Dynaudio Focus 110 (rear ported)

A

Anonymous

I have no idea where you are located so it is difficult to guess if Xavian speakers are available where you live. If you are in Great Britain: bad luck...

Xavian produces 2 closed box standmounters, the Primissima, exactly 20 cm wide :grin: , and a great, musical little performer with a reasonable price tag and the XN 270 Evoluzione, 21 cm wide :cry: a real high end speaker for a bit more than your budget.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ErwinC said:
hoopsontoast said:
The Neat Iota look like a good option, but two things, they are rear ported and also designed to be used on their side, would they fit under the projector screen? if so could be a good option for a centre as well.

They would not fit under the projector screen. :cry:

Are you sure? The Neats aren't really that much bigger than the KEFs! In fact, there's not that many decent quality speakers as small as the Iotas.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
ErwinC said:
hoopsontoast said:
The Neat Iota look like a good option, but two things, they are rear ported and also designed to be used on their side, would they fit under the projector screen? if so could be a good option for a centre as well.

They would not fit under the projector screen. :cry:

Are you sure? The Neats aren't really that much bigger than the KEFs! In fact, there's not that many decent quality speakers as small as the Iotas.

The KEFs are not under the screen, but next to it. The Iotas are 20 cm wide, so they can also be placed next to the screen. ;)

The problem is there are no Neat dealers where i live.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
AnalogEars said:
I have no idea where you are located so it is difficult to guess if Xavian speakers are available where you live. If you are in Great Britain: bad luck...

Xavian produces 2 closed box standmounters, the Primissima, exactly 20 cm wide :grin: , and a great, musical little performer with a reasonable price tag and the XN 270 Evoluzione, 21 cm wide :cry: a real high end speaker for a bit more than your budget.

No Xavian in Belgium.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
After some more investigation/listening, the list ordered according to my preference is:

Kef R100: not heard the R100, but the R500 sounded very good.

Proac Studio 115: only heard the Studio 110, but liked it a lot.

Rega RS1: not heard yet, but looks very promising according to the reviews. Is this an upgrade from the MA BX2?

Monitor Audio GX50: with an Arcam FMJA28 the sound was a bit too clinical. Perhaps not a good match with Cyrus?

Some speakers are not on the list anymore because they were either not for sale in Belgium (PMC), not available for listening (Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand), too limited bass extension (Neat Iota), too difficult to drive for the Cyrus 6XP (Proac Tablette Anniversary), or not available anymore (Proac Tablette Ref 8 Sig).

Other possibilities?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts