Creek Evolution 50a - version 1 and version 2?

jabol

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I noticed that there are 2 versions of this amp - version 1 (older) and version 2. It seems that only the version 2 can accept a DAC module. Can you confirm?

Thanks!

I think you have that slightly wrong.

There are two products currently on sale one is the Creek Evolution 2 and the other is the Creek Evolution 50A, these are completely different amps (although they both use the word Evolution).

The 50A is the one that takes the modules.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
No the Op is correct. I noticed that the Creek website said the new Ambit and Ruby DAC modules could be fitted into version 2 of the 50A. I rang Creek for clariification, and was informed that only a very small number of the very first 50A produced were classed as version 1, and that all subsequent models being sold would be version 2. I only asked Creek because there is a shop close to me (Audiovation in Huddersfield) who are selling the 50A at a special price of £550 and I wondered whether this was because of which version it was.

DIB said:
No the Op is correct. I noticed that the Creek website said the new Ambit and Ruby DAC modules could be fitted into version 2 of the 50A. I rang Creek for clariification, and was informed that only a very small number of the very first 50A produced were classed as version 1, and that all subsequent models being sold would be version 2. I only asked Creek because there is a shop close to me (Audiovation in Huddersfield) who are selling the 50A at a special price of £550 and I wondered whether this was because of which version it was.

Many thanks for that clarification dib.

Still too many uses of the word Evolution in their lineup to my mind. :)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
DIB said:

The fitting instructions for the Ambit tuner module give details for installing it in both version 1 and subsequent version 2 models ...

http://www.creekaudio.com/instructions/AMBIT-Tuner-Manual.pdf

I thought it was only the - yet to be released - Ruby DAC module that won't fit version 1.

chebby said:
Al ears said:
DIB said:

The fitting instructions for the Ambit tuner module give details for installing it in both version 1 and subsequent version 2 models ...

http://www.creekaudio.com/instructions/AMBIT-Tuner-Manual.pdf

I thought it was only the - yet to be released - Ruby DAC module that won't fit version 1.

Yes, it was the DAC the OP was specifically asking about.

jabol

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for this clarification. I ordered the amp on Tuesday, and I should get it in a few days. Hopefully it is a version 2. I am waiting for some info from a retailer.

jabol

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for this clarification. I ordered the amp on Tuesday, and I should get it in a few days. Hopefully it is a version 2. I am waiting for some info from a retailer.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Be sure to let us know your impressions. The 50A with Ruby DAC (with bluetooth connectivity) is a real attractive proposition to me in the future possibly. What's the rest of your set-up?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts