Creek Evo 50a

Gonepostal

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I’ve just changed my amp from Avram FMJ A29 ton the above mentioned Creek. I’m enjoying the sound but I’m interested in anyone who uses this amp with the Sequel Mk 4 phono board.

Basically is it any good. I currently use the Rega Fono MM mk3, would the Sequel be on par with that. The idea of losing a box on my
Unit that houses the Hi-Fi appeals.

Thanks.

Gonepostal

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for replying Al, I think the MK 4 was developed to be used in their Voyage amp. That retails for £4K plus so it can’t be bad.

I think I’ll be buying one in the next month or so.

Thanks for replying Al, I think the MK 4 was developed to be used in their Voyage amp. That retails for £4K plus so it can’t be bad.

I think I’ll be buying one in the next month or so.
i believe it was but is backwardly compatible with their other amps, good thinking by Mike Creek, funnily I have always advocated keeping the phono preamp separate but I may well be going the same way as you as my Groove Anniversary has developed a fault so as it goes in for repair I will be trying out the phono stage in my amp.
The Sequel seems to be available for around £129 which isnt bad if you have no intention of ever using moving coil cartridges.

Gonepostal

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Can safely say I’ve no intention of buying any MC cartridges. If anything I’ve been using Tidal more and more the last year. The cost of LPs is quite prohibitive and the quality can sometimes leave a lot to be desired.

I’m impressed with the Creek and maybe I might keep my eyes out for a matching CD player, they don’t seem to come up on the bay that often, not that we have the money at the moment for another purchase. I think the phono board will be my last purchase this year.

Gonepostal

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Quick update……..I got around to
Playing a few Lps today and it turns out it has a phono board installed.

I got this from eBay recently, I asked the seller if it had a phono board installed and got no answer so assumed it didn’t.

Turns out I got more than I thought when I purchased it, result. And you were right Al, it does very good.

I got this from eBay recently, I asked the seller if it had a phono board installed and got no answer so assumed it didn’t.

Turns out I got more than I thought when I purchased it, result. And you were right Al, it does very good.
A bargain then!

Reactions: Gonepostal

Nice one. I've always been impressed with Creek amps, Evo 2 and your 50. Having a built-in phono board is a massive bonus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts