Creek Evo 50 v. Cambridge CXA-80?

ro7939

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Please comment regarding only these two current model integrated amps, especially if you AB'd them.

These amps fulfill several special needs not germane to this discussion. Please save everyone's time including your own by not suggesting other amps. I agree other amps fulfill other needs better than these two.

Info Re. reliability is valuable. Both are high volume brands w/market history.

My sole concern is analog input. The CXA DAC is of no concern. The amp performs a unique secondary function also not germane to this discussion. The rest of the system is high resolution, with premium source and speakers.

TX!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
As to 'high volume brand's (is anything HiFi high volume?) Cambridge more so than Creek hence there is probably more negative owner feedback.

Pick a good one and you won't have problems for decades. Pick a Friday afternoon one ...

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
HI, i listenend to the Creek, Naim 5Si and the Rega Elex, i bought the Creek, i did listen to the CXA 60 but was left underwhelmed, maybe the 80 is better but only your ears can tell you that, i posted my thought's on each of the above amps, amp or turntable upgrade, that may be of some use.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Really difficult when you don't fully know what the need is for, and why just set on two differents. Quintessentially a forum like this is to come at it from all angles, then the op to go and make mind up. But I don't know where to start. Help me help you please. I'm taking it you've already been on a forum and you don't want multiple recs. what exactly are you trying to achieve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts