could you use a video processor to convert 50hz to 60hz?

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi Follks,

Just wondering about this - as some tvs suffer from motion problems with 50hz material.. could you use a video processor like a Lumagen or other to convert the signal from say a sky hd box which would be 50Hz to 60Hz? would you be introducing other unwanted artefacts to the picture? What sort of money would you be talking about for a video processor and would it actually work?

would something like this do the trick?

http://www.atlona.com/Atlona-Pal-HDMI-to-NTSC-HDMI-Converter-1080p.html

Cheers,

Mick

A

Anonymous

I'm far from being an expert but I would have thought it would not be cost affective way to solve the problem. By altering the refresh rate to 60hz the sound would have to be recalibrated otherwise it would be speeded up aswell. I think some kind of pulldown is used. maybe it could be possible that some av amps could be forced to output in PAL60. I don't know. If the signal was converted to NTSC which is 60hz then some picture information would be lost as that is 480 lines not 576. I'm the true experts will put you right.

P.S any or all of the above could be bo******s.
emotion-1.gif

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
actually you raise an interesting point.. i wonder if my Denon 1910 can scale and output pal 60?

i wouldnt worry about the audio as its going via optical to my amp.. and lip sync setting might be able to help..

TRENDING THREADS