Could (should) a Bluesound Powernode 2 replace my Rotel HiFi

ukbobhicks

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a Rotel amp and CD player complimented by some floorstanding KEF speakers. It's a lovely system that's served me well for a decade. I'm considering an upgrade to AMP and want to consider a more "connected" solution that provides support for HighRes music. I've been looking at the Bluesound Powernode 2 which seems to have every base covered for me. I'd ideally plug in my existing KEF speakers.

My question here, whilst I understand the Bluesound kit is regarded as a multiroom solution, this will be intended only for one room, would the Powernode 2 be regarded as HiFi in the way my Rotel RA-04 amp was at the time? Would it be an upgrade?

Thanks for reading

Rob

Pagmed

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I own a Bluesound Powernode 2 and currently have it running a pair of Monitor Audio BX5's. It has more than enough juice for these floorstanders. I recently discovered that although Monitor Audio advertise these speakers as 8 ohm and 90db, they are actually 4ohm and 85db per independent tests. I don't know if that will help in your decision but I can tell you that the Powernode 2 feels more like a 100 watt amp. I have a Marantz PM6004 which is no slouch and it pales in comparison. I stream Tidal in CD quality and a Debut Carbon DC via phono preamp and it sounds fantastic with both sources. I say go for it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts