Correct setup of Kef 3005SE & Denon 1909

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Using my Denon & Kef's in 5.1 mode (DVD/Freesat) the sound is perfect, specifically the bass is generated by the sub & not the satellites.

Using my Cambridge 640CD or TVIX media box as sources (optical connections to the amp) the sound is distorted as the satellites seem to be trying to generate the bass frequencies rather than the sub. The amp is receiving a 2channel signal from the source (makes sense) & outputting pseudo 5.1

What am i doing wrong?

A

Anonymous

Just to add, i've set the amp to output the low frequencies using the sub (speakers set to small)

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Have the same setup. Couple of questions what does the display indicate on the Denon when running the TV input via optical (Dolby II or DTS Neo)? Is the Audysy volume equaliser light on the right of the display green/red or off? Do you have any surround "modes"selected ? ie Rockclub etc?

A

Anonymous

Display states Dolby II, Audysy has the green light - not sure about the surround mode (at work at present!)

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Remember when you feed the amp 5.1 it is distributing correctly so all sounds good, therefore I suspect your settings are correct. When you feed it stereo and output to "artificial" 5.1 the reciever has to process the sound and sometimes has to make up a sound to feed to the rears. Think that is probably the case.

Try turning off the audysy (no light) and see how that sounds.

TRENDING THREADS