Coronavirus

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
I think it depended upon which jab you had. I didnt have to wait for any of mine from memory but I had Astrazenca jab both times.
That and also the group you went in with.

As a Coelliac I went in to a centre with people with medical conditions. 15 minutes on both was mandatory to make sure nothing untoward happend. They had plenty of staff monitoring those that got jabbed and medics on standby just in case.

Other members of my familly didn't face the same restrictions in other vacination centres.

D

Deleted member 196306

That and also the group you went in with.

As a Coelliac I went in to a centre with people with medical conditions. 15 minutes on both was mandatory to make sure nothing untoward happend. They had plenty of staff monitoring those that got jabbed and medics on standby just in case.

Other members of my familly didn't face the same restrictions in other vacination centres.
(y)

Gray

I think the general advice to everyone (with medical conditions or not) was to hang around and not drive for at least 15 minutes after, just in case.

I reckon if you weren't advised to wait, it was just that the advice was overlooked.
Of course, you can bet that not everyone took the advice anyway.

jjbomber

I think the general advice to everyone (with medical conditions or not) was to hang around and not drive for at least 15 minutes after, just in case.

I reckon if you weren't advised to wait, it was just that the advice was overlooked.
Of course, you can bet that not everyone took the advice anyway.
No, I asked about it and the nurse said that I didn't have to wait after the second one. Wasn't overlooked at all.

ThisIsJimmy

Nov 11, 2020
Visit site
Depending on how the virus mutates, I don't see the requirement for additional vaccines or boosters going away.

We'll find out soon though with everything opening up, more countries coming off the red list and people freely travelling without consideration of the bigger picture.

D

Deleted member 196519

Which one?
Flu jab. Mum managed to get AstraZenca boaster jab this week for Covid where they only had 65 injections of it at the Open University. Dad had Pfizer boaster 2 weeks ago. I am phoning the number next week for my boaster Covid injection but I need AstraZenca but stand no chance and will end up with Pfizer.

Have you had your Flu jab and boaster COVID jab, if yes, which ones? Cheers

Reactions: buzz_lightclick
D

Deleted member 196519

Got my booster jab booked today.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 196519

Just had Moderna boaster vaccine - all good so far. My sister had it a week ago and had a bad reaction though!

Reactions: bigboss

Gray

My sister had it a week ago and had a bad reaction though!
....so did my brother.
I had a blast of Moderna a couple of hours ago...
I said to the check- in woman, "I read this can blow your heart up"...(I was jokingly exaggerating).
"Don't believe all you read" she said, before handing me a leaflet with myocarditis and pericarditis (inflammation of the heart) as potential, 'frequency unknown' side effects 🙂

Everyone's favourite from other possible side effects leaflets is 'death'.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts