Coronavirus

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 188533

I had the J&J shot Monday. I don't know if it's even approved for you guys in the UK but I had no side effects at all. Not even a sore arm from the shot. A yearly flu shot is worse.

Reactions: Deleted member 2457

insider9

As you're guys getting vaccinated I found an alternative method of getting some immunity by getting Covid. Still don't know how other than it just so happens I went to a local supermarket and there were some young guys without masks as I walked in.... Better now but it wasn't fun

D

Deleted member 108165

As you're guys getting vaccinated I found an alternative method of getting some immunity by getting Covid. Still don't know how other than it just so happens I went to a local supermarket and there were some young guys without masks as I walked in.... Better now but it wasn't fun
Blimey, hope you're alright now, Insider.

D

Deleted member 108165

Cheers Doug. Much better but it's been almost a month and I'm not 100% yet
It seems to vary from person to person and does appear to drag on in some. The Kate Garraway documentary about her husband was particularly scary.

Reactions: insider9
D

Deleted member 2457

Glad to hear you are getting better. (y) I was watching something last night that said about 6 months immunity after getting covid.

insider9

Glad to hear you are getting better. (y) I was watching something last night that said about 6 months immunity after getting covid.
Thanks Gel! Yes, 6 months sounds about right. As long as there aren't too many new variants. The illness isn't too bad itself but the lingering effects aren't great. Luckily I don't have it too bad. But know of people who are still no ok after nearly a year.

insider9

Some of the shops have been very poor in this respect. I know it's difficult when you are expecting what if often a young workforce to police their own age group and above, but when it's a pandemic...
I can't really say I blame anyone. It's a shame though that everyone didn't take it seriously as we all respond to it differently. And if we all did it could be over by now.

Since the beginning of a pandemic I worked from home then I was made redundant. I had minimal social contact and live on my own. I wear FFP3 mask all this time and sanitise all shopping as it enters the house. I was really careful.

So getting ill was really a surprise. I could not have done much more than I did. But it was a humbling experience and my outlook on life has changed for the better.

Sounds like you were pretty unlucky.

My in-laws have friends who leave their mail in their conservatory for a few days before opening it, figuring that the UV in sunlight will take care of any viruses on it. If they were my friends, I'd have been telling them that glass is largely opaque to UV...

D

Deleted member 108165

I can't really say I blame anyone. It's a shame though that everyone didn't take it seriously as we all respond to it differently. And if we all did it could be over by now.

Since the beginning of a pandemic I worked from home then I was made redundant. I had minimal social contact and live on my own. I wear FFP3 mask all this time and sanitise all shopping as it enters the house. I was really careful.

So getting ill was really a surprise. I could not have done much more than I did. But it was a humbling experience and my outlook on life has changed for the better.
Strange old world isn't it. I have gone to work every day, a place which employs around 200 staff, the only time I wear a mask is in shops or close vicinity to work colleagues and have never gone overboard on sanitising anything, including my shopping... and I haven't caught it.

Ready to get back out on the golf course but now it's winter again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 188533

Fomite ( from surfaces ) transmission is almost nonexistent. It's airborne. There's also pretty compelling evidence masking does nothing ( N95 and up work fine ) and lockdowns make things worse. All you have to do is look at infectivity curves from places with lockdowns and mask mandates vs places that didn't. Country by country and US state by US state the lockdown places did no better and in many cases worse than places that stayed open. That's not even factoring in the economic hits. Bad outcomes? Places with low vitamin D levels and aging, sedentary, overweight populations.

abacus

The normal masks are not designed to protect the wearer, (Something that is not mentioned in the media much) but is designed to significantly reduce the chances of the wearer passing the virus on to others. (It works for other viruses as well, including flu)

Personally if it’s a choice of adding a few seconds to put a mask on before going into a shop etc. it is a small price to pay to reduce the infection of others, (Or possibly even prevent a death)

Too many people these days only think of themselves and stuff everybody else. (One of the few downsides of freedom to do as you please)

Bill

D

Deleted member 2457

We basically take in the mail and open it then put what’s inside on the table and then wash our hands and then read the mail. :cool:

MrReaper182

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Some of the shop workers of the local shops around where I live (Portsmouth) have not been wearing masks. I thought it was the law to wear a mask when working in a public space. They should of been told by the police by now to wear one but no they have not.

Well, it's been lovely to sit outside our well-run local, even if the sunshine hasn't been enough to stave off the need to be well-insulated.

Watched as the landlord told some people (one in particular) to stay seated, as it's a £10k fine for him if people are seen to be mingling. Almost immediately she wandered over to another table, stood there and started nattering to someone else. They were given their marching orders. What is it with some people?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts