• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Coronavirus

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Al ears

I've just had my vaccine 3 minutes ago. They've said if you've had any allergies which has required hospitalisation and requiring adrenaline, then you can't have it. Otherwise it's fine.
I am very keen to get vaccinated as have been technically made redundant from work and now hit with a Corporation Tax bill...... 2020 couldn't get any worse!

jjbomber

Dec 22, 2006
I am very keen to get vaccinated as have been technically made redundant from work and now hit with a Corporation Tax bill...... 2020 couldn't get any worse!
Companies pay Corporation Tax, not individuals. If the company can't pay, the directors write a nice letter to the Revenue asking to be struck off. As long as there's no other creditors, the IR usually agree.

Al ears

Companies pay Corporation Tax, not individuals. If the company can't pay, the directors write a nice letter to the Revenue asking to be struck off. As long as there's no other creditors, the IR usually agree.
Roger that. I am a one man limited company and so director and sole employee.
and HMRC doesn't agree.......

12th Monkey

Aug 31, 2015
Having been a director, there is little difference in responsibility in the event of things going awry (a company secretary is almost invariably a director too), and both are employed duties so the tax rules are very much not totally different. But I can't be bothered to argue about it - more pressing concerns in pretty much every direction. The old boy's mental competence is being assessed this morning, and I am very much not looking forward to that!

gel

You sound surprised, I'm not. If I recollect correctly at the start of the pandemic an eminent physician stated that if the UK hit a total of 125,000 deaths then we will have gotten off lightly.
I was actually emphasising my sadness and fear at the figure, not my surprise.

Last edited:

Gray

Nov 27, 2015
Maybe some valuable lessons could be learned from Taiwan.
Last time I heard, it was a case of all the sevens for them.
777 cases and 7 deaths.
7 deaths out of a population of around 24 million people.
How unlucky were those 7?

There was the airline pilot there, found to have infected someone, so was sacked from the job ( I think for not wearing a mask).
No mercy, it's the only way.

Reactions: michael hoy

jjbomber

Dec 22, 2006
Viet Nam, 91 million, borders China. Just 35 deaths from Americans attending a funeral.

A driver was caught smuggling 6 COVID victims from China to Viet Nam. The 6 are in jail, while the driver was sent to jail with a rope.

Reactions: Gray

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts